IGNORED

Orbital - Monsters Exist

Boring fact, Orbital was my second ever gig after The Sisters of Mercy. Royal Albert Hall 1996, I went with two mates one of which spent the entire gig in the corridor actually crying because his bird dumped him earlier on. I had a great time on the balcony drinking beer, looking down at the lights, lasers and ravers and looking up at those UFO looking acoustic diffusers. 

I'll be checking all this new Orbital activity asap.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first ever gig was Orbital circa their Altogether tour in the early 00s, was waaaay too close to the front and ended up with ear ringing syndrome for the next couple of days. I was totally worried I had lost my hearing.

1999 Nautica Stage - Cleveland, Ohio.

So loud, so many great tunes played. They also did this cool visual of morphing “1999” to 666 during Satan.

Memories!

My first ever gig was Orbital circa their Altogether tour in the early 00s, was waaaay too close to the front and ended up with ear ringing syndrome for the next couple of days. I was totally worried I had lost my hearing.

damn I saw them in about this same time and I had a similar experience but just for the night and into the next day. it was stressful as fuck. only other time that happened to me was fennesz

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's about as subtle as a sledgehammer, but at least there's a bit of bite to the video, as we were discussing earlier in the thread. Certainly does a good job of highlighting just how divided the UK feels at the moment. Also spotted a friend of mine in one of the protest clips. Not sure about the vaporwave-esque CG in there though.

Track's a banger, obviously. Hoping there are a few more melancholic tracks on the album as this and TFC are absurdly upbeat. There's a touch of 'Oi' from The Altogether in the melodies on this one. 

Really excited about this album. Need to get my preorder in.

That makes it longer than almost everything on the last three albums (only the two big album closers, 'Meltdown' and 'One Perfect Sunrise', coming in longer). They've mentioned that the album is more traditionally Orbital in structure, hopefully this means it's going to be the kind of nice big 75 minute job they're great at.

edit: the album version has a nice long ultra-'90s Orbital outro which I really like.

That makes it longer than almost everything on the last three albums (only the two big album closers, 'Meltdown' and 'One Perfect Sunrise', coming in longer). They've mentioned that the album is more traditionally Orbital in structure, hopefully this means it's going to be the kind of nice big 75 minute job they're great at.

edit: the album version has a nice long ultra-'90s Orbital outro which I really like.

Salivating.

Don’t forget “Where is it Going?”. The Live Style version makes for a great closer to Wonky.

Don’t forget “Where is it Going?”. The Live Style version makes for a great closer to Wonky.

The album version is only 5:50 though.

I need to find a link to that version of "where is it going"

https://open.spotify.com/album/0Br8h2gItJ1bO92AWd9JoU

edit: wait, that doesn't work. This is the problem in the digital single era, once it gets taken offline that's it, nobody can listen to it anymore. Off to Soulseek it is then.

Yeah, that last minute is soo good!!!

Where can it be downloaded?

Archived