IGNORED

Orbital - Monsters Exist

That makes it longer than almost everything on the last three albums (only the two big album closers, 'Meltdown' and 'One Perfect Sunrise', coming in longer). They've mentioned that the album is more traditionally Orbital in structure, hopefully this means it's going to be the kind of nice big 75 minute job they're great at.

edit: the album version has a nice long ultra-'90s Orbital outro which I really like.

Yeah, that last minute is soo good!!!

Where can it be downloaded?

PHUK? Itunes.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That makes it longer than almost everything on the last three albums (only the two big album closers, 'Meltdown' and 'One Perfect Sunrise', coming in longer). They've mentioned that the album is more traditionally Orbital in structure, hopefully this means it's going to be the kind of nice big 75 minute job they're great at.

edit: the album version has a nice long ultra-'90s Orbital outro which I really like.

PHUK? Itunes.

ITunes? Right. Cheers! :)

PHUK? Itunes.

Unfortunately it's just the edit. Nowhere seems to be selling it??

PHUK? Itunes.

Unfortunately it's just the edit. Nowhere seems to be selling it??

US Itunes has full version as part of the album.  You can buy the single track.

• 1 month later...

I really enjoyed the remix. Also really like the more breaksy beats, brings back a '90s feel.

It's growing on me ;)

Not as good as the original, but a neat take on it.  

So pumped for this album.

Please Help UK.

I can't believe I was right about P.H.U.K being a reference to Brexit!!!

The video isn't a masterpiece but at least I can stop complaining about them not being political anymore :P

Looking forward to hearing the studio version of P.H.U.K. Also, wonder if Paul will be credited as writer as he was with Wonky?

I'm pretty sure that's related to the split, Paul's hinted at being unhappy / angry with Phil at the time, I'm sure there was a suggestion that Phil's more into the live side of it, so I got the feeling Paul did a lot more work writing the tracks. The fact he's credited as sole composer on almost all the album when previously they split the credits - even when Paul's admitted to Belfast being pretty much a solo track of his - adds to that. It made me a bit unhappy when I read the credits actually. I'm hoping everything's credited to the pair of them again this time.

Seen the credits.. Looks like they're being credited separately again.

Well looks like they have shared credits on most of em.

Really looking forward to hearing this. Been impressed with everything I’ve heard so far.

Can't wait for this album either!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Neat song - is it an edit?  Live version from earlier in the thread was longer. 

Not sure about the video though...

Neat song - is it an edit? Live version from earlier in the thread was longer.

Not sure about the video though...

Yeah, me neither! And I think it's an edit. I'm sure the album version is about 4 and a half minutes long.

Less sure about this one than the others. It's different - which is good - but something about those synth stabs feels really 'mainstream EDM' to me.

feel the same ... really liked the first 2 ... this one is sadly meh as is the video  :fail:

Less sure about this one than the others. It's different - which is good - but something about those synth stabs feels really 'mainstream EDM' to me.

feel the same ... really liked the first 2 ... this one is sadly meh as is the video :fail:

I have a feeling this will be one of the weaker tracks on the album.

Wow. That new track plumbs new depths for Orbital. I’m actually embarrassed by it.

It sounds like a piece of free stock music a YouTube would use underneath some holiday vlog footage.

If this is the best they can do do now I’d prefer that the just stop...

Archived