IGNORED

Nine Inch Nails - Bad Witch

auxien

Love NIN and generally think Trent knows his shit. All sounds positive to me. In all honesty though, I'm not too keen on their current sound but will inevitably end up getting this all the same as I find NIN have had a major impact on the music I strive to make.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

either way, deftones will deliver...

Never seen them live before. White Pony is one of my favourite albums of all time, and some of their other albums aren't too far behind.

They will not disappoint. But keep me posted homeboy!

I hope they add more dates to the tour, kinda bummed there's no Minneapolis date... Very curious about this album.

DIGITAL FORMATS AND STREAMING ARE GREAT AND CERTAINS CONVENIENT, BUT THE IDEAL WAY I’D HOPE A LISTENER EXPERIENCE MY MUSIC IS TO GRAB A GREAT SET OF HEADPHONES, SIT WITH THE VINYL, DROP THE NEEDLE, HOLD THE JACKET IN YOUR HANDS LOOKING AT THE ARTWORK (WITH YOUR FUCKING PHONE TURNED OFF) AND GO ON A JOURNEY WITH ME AND MY BIG FUCKING NECK

-TRENT REZNECK

Fixit.

Could be special, no matter how we like to berate Mister Reznor. We shall see.

I love giving Reznor shit, and I'm not as much into the more recent stuff, but I've never seen a bad NIN performance.

I saw NIN at The Gorge (near Seattle) for their Fragility tour, with Perfect Circle opening.  The NIN set was probably the most sonically impressive one I've experienced.  90% of the time I find the sound at concerts to be very disappointing, but this was a rare case where the clarity was comparable to playing the album on a good home system (but obviously the giant version of that).  I guess since it was outdoors there was no cavernous room or other reflective surfaces to contend with.  Usually I'm seeing a band of that stature in a far less flattering venue.

I've never seen them live but I've watched that live DVD from after The Fragile a bunch of times really loudly when I was drunk with friends so it's almost the same experience I'd assume? 

But really yeah I've heard they put on a great show and I believe it. Haven't bought anything of theirs in over a decade but I'd go see them live.

I've never seen them live but I've watched that live DVD from after The Fragile a bunch of times really loudly when I was drunk with friends so it's almost the same experience I'd assume? 

They did a good job of the live DVD I saw (not sure if it was that one).  But the concert had that larger-than-life awe factor going for it that's probably impossible to replicate on a DVD. What made it so good was having that HUGE sound without any of the acoustic problems that generally come with it.  Arenas, stadiums, and even a lot of clubs more or less function as giant shitty reverb chambers, and unless it's an ambient show that's not particularly desirable.

I saw them live during the WITH_TEETH tour. Unfortunately this was when El Rezzo was kind of on a 'low budget venue' kick, and the venue I saw them at in Birmingham was pretty bad. The sound was garbage. Wish I could've seen during the Fragility tours.

I've really gotta start putting up giant flashing gifs around the things I post that are not serious. A concert experience is definitely not going to be fully captured via a DVD and a home stereo, I thought that much was pretty obvious :)

But yeah the DVD is good, last time I watched it was still pretty nice. There's a hidden track in it too somehow, can't remember exactly how to get to it or even what song/s it was but now I'm wanting to dig the DVD out of the box it's probably in and give it a play soon. And All That Could Have Been, that's it.

Ahahaha that's two days in a row I've taken what should have been an obvious joke as a genuine statement... I think other peoples' facebook walls may finally be influencing my cognitive abilities.  His live DVDs do sound pretty good though, so if it were a super hi-end system at a sufficiently loud volume with the right amount of endorphins flowing...

I've seen them three times now and they were incredibly at every gig. Saw them supported by James Addiction. Was off my face for the whole thing and kind of regret that now.

He really should have a title consultant.  I don't know how it's even possible to settle on Bad Witch as a title, unless it's a grade 1 "scary story" assignment or something.

I did not know he played with Devo. I became aware of him first as Perfect Circle's original drummer. Then I guess Trent Reznor nabbed him, along with everyone else.

his instagram is hilarious

Archived