IGNORED

Merzbow - Pulse Demon

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably one of the loudest mastered albums too, outside of a Lady Gaga album.

I downloaded some Modest Mouse remasters that required the volume on my old phone to be turned down to about half the volume I normally listen to music at.  I'm actually not sure how it was possible to get anything that loud.  Wasn't a single noise release I had at the time that came close, including Pulse Demon.  Maybe indie guitars are just far more ruthless at that volume.

Probably one of the loudest mastered albums too, outside of a Lady Gaga album.

I downloaded some Modest Mouse remasters that required the volume on my old phone to be turned down to about half the volume I normally listen to music at.  I'm actually not sure how it was possible to get anything that loud.  Wasn't a single noise release I had at the time that came close, including Pulse Demon.  Maybe indie guitars are just far more ruthless at that volume.

Yeah I had the same thing with Lady Gaga. Someone bought me The Fame Monster on CD one xmas years ago. I was still rocking a CD walkman at the time. I can remember going from some experimental CD to the Gaga and it blasting the fuck out of my cochleas. The closest thing I could compare it to was an analog era merzbow album like this, that overcompressed white hot treble edge on everything.

He is 4 years older than my mother.

Could everyone in the thread please let us know which side of your parent's age Masami Akita stands

3 years older than both my parents.

Both of whom would not know of noise music, idm, techno or docking.

he's 2000 years old

edit:

omg shit jesus pls let the album be as good as the cover art, review pls

is p good, i like it.. worms plastic earthbound is still in rotation for me now and then

edit: did it get taken down from youtube? can't find the vid w that track

It'll put hair on your balls, after having blown them out your scrotum

haha i bet, from a quick listen on youtube it sounds abit like venereology wich is the only album i have from him

i do like to put it on now and then to blow the dust of my eardrums but his discog is just too massive for me to delve in

what other albums from him should i blindly get?

It'll put hair on your balls, after having blown them out your scrotum

haha i bet, from a quick listen on youtube it sounds abit like venereology wich is the only album i have from him

i do like to put it on now and then to blow the dust of my eardrums but his discog is just too massive for me to delve in

what other albums from him should i blindly get?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx37c2PNM3I

lol check out the noise thread if u wanna get into it proper

https://forum.watmm.com/topic/76962-noise-music/

I made this starter list in another thread for someone

Hafler Trio: A Small Child Dreams of Voiding the Plague, Seven Hours Sleep, A Thirsty Fish, Kill the King, Mastery of Money, An Utterance of the Supreme Ventriloquist, Intoutof.

Merzbow: Ecobondage, Batztoutai with memorial gadgets, Noisembryo, Pulsedemon, 24hrs a day of seals, tauromachine, merzbeat, Dharma.

Organum: Submission, Veil of Tears, Sphyx, Bird's Wings Were Glued to Their Bodies and their Feet Were Froze to the Ground.

For starters ofc

LOL x 1000

When I saw him in 2016 he still had it

I saw him at some uni in London years ago. Was a fun gig, couldn't hear much for a few days. I remember this one guy rocked up with his girlfriend, he was obviously into extreme music. I could tell because he was wearing skin tight leather, had a blue Hitler moustache and blue sideburns, but had no hair otherwise. He looked totally extreme.

Also Sutcliffe Jugend played, they were really shit. There was a track they did were the... vocalist? Yeah sure, vocalist, he was shouting random extreme things, insulting the crowd I guess. But eventually one of the lines he threw out was "You stupid fucking ponce!" and I burst out laughing

EXTREME

Archived