IGNORED

Transllusion ‎– A Moment Of Insanity (Clone Aqualung Series‎)

"It appears that Clone Aqualung have a new 12" by Transllusion upcoming or even out now. The EP, A Moment of Insanity, features four tracks, 'Moment 1 - 4'.

I presume this is more unreleased material they have been given access to. However, there is no mention of the release on any of Clone Records websites. I contacted the person who submitted it to Discogs and they told me they bought it direct from Clone's shop in Rotterdam. For now that might be the only place you can purchase it. If anyone else knows more about this mysterious release please share what you know, thanks. clone.nl"

This is from Drexciya Research Lab fanpage, holy damn. I'm gassed.

Wanna hear it!

Q: do we really have to regress to the pre internet age where releases were some unknown and unobtainable ghosts. And the most interesting thing about music is it's rarity? As opposed to what it actually sounds like.

Ima bit frustrated about this being such an obscure thing that even if you search on clone you cant find the release. What up withat?

Wanna hear it!

Q: do we really have to regress to the pre internet age where releases were some unknown and unobtainable ghosts. And the most interesting thing about music is it's rarity? As opposed to what it actually sounds like.

Ima bit frustrated about this being such an obscure thing that even if you search on clone you cant find the release. What up withat?

Yeah it can be a bit much in 2018. Not streaming or even no digital is one thing, but this seems a bit overkill.

That said it makes me wonder, is J.M. Stinson's archives and unreleased records managed by an estate? Perhaps even releases now are dictated by his directives prior to his passing? He was IIRC very particular about his work being released via record stores and staying underground.

Wanna hear it!

Not that hard to figure out. Scarcity fosters demand fosters sales. If it's just on BC for 4 bucks or whatever then people listen then move on. Sales is not the same as music appreciation.

Don't think its that simple. In the world of electronic music, volume of sales will be low regardless. Also, it doesnt even make sense. You know what else fosters sales? Commercials! You make it known to people they can buy something which they dont have, but what they really need to be happy. Now, which strategy would foster more sales? It's not that hard to figure out.... yeah right. In bizarro world most likely... come on

Don't think its that simple. In the world of electronic music, volume of sales will be low regardless. Also, it doesnt even make sense. You know what else fosters sales? Commercials! You make it known to people they can buy something which they dont have, but what they really need to be happy. Now, which strategy would foster more sales? It's not that hard to figure out.... yeah right. In bizarro world most likely... come on

Clone has been doing this a long time. I'd guess if it didn't work, they wouldn't do it.

I highly doubt Drexciya ever sold a lot, but they did have a rabid fanbase who were also vinyl buyers/collectors. I think for vinyl collectors scarcity works. Niche groups with low print runs on their releases generate a lot of second hand market action as well. (see also: Coil). All of this adds to whatever mystique they've built over the years.

Not saying I'm a fan of this approach at all. I don't buy much vinyl anymore as I don't have a lot of time to sit and listen to records properly, but I do buy a ton of digital. It is a rather transparent strategy at this point. Maybe it is nostalgia driving it a bit too. Maybe some vague notion of selling to "the right fans" a.k.a. people who actually want it as opposed to people who want to flip it on discogs for a 300% profit.

Not saying I'm a fan of this approach at all. I don't buy much vinyl anymore as I don't have a lot of time to sit and listen to records properly, but I do buy a ton of digital. It is a rather transparent strategy at this point. Maybe it is nostalgia driving it a bit too. Maybe some vague notion of selling to "the right fans" a.k.a. people who actually want it as opposed to people who want to flip it on discogs for a 300% profit.

What bothers me is that most of "the right fans" don't live in the Netherlands...and it will end up on discogs for 300% profit regardless.

I don't know I guess I'll just ask my local retailer if he can order me a copy one way or another but I don't think that's possible.

What bothers me is that most of "the right fans" don't live in the Netherlands...and it will end up on discogs for 300% profit regardless.

I don't know I guess I'll just ask my local retailer if he can order me a copy one way or another but I don't think that's possible.

Agreed. It probably will. I was mostly spitballing/speculating as I don't really understand it totally either. I realize elements of my posts were contradictory.

I guess the message sent to Herr Jan is pretty positive: 300% profit!

*takes train to clone records to buy a couple of copies*

I guess the message sent to Herr Jan is pretty positive: 300% profit!

*takes train to clone records to buy a couple of copies*

Just for the record, your posts are twice as amusing when I imagine Timothy Dalton reading them.

*asking a mod to post clips*

Welcome to watmm! Pls read the rules!

Also, is there a drexciya reddit? Seems like a more, how shall i say it, liberated place....

• 3 weeks later...