IGNORED

ID help

i've put this together to give you guys an idea of the tune i've been talking about. i used an online music maker. 

don't pay attention to the timbre. imagine the blandest 4/4 kick/snare/hi-hat Roland CR-78 beat on top. 

i've just been thinking, maybe the guy is german after all. i don't know. 

anyway as i expected nobody has a clue. the guy in question was too unknown. pity cause that track was really tight and had lush production quality.

also i think i might be mixing the music on that album up with the one on a different album by a different artist... who happens to be canadian iirc :) 

i've put this together to give you guys an idea of the tune i've been talking about. i used an online music maker. 

don't pay attention to the timbre. imagine the blandest 4/4 kick/snare/hi-hat Roland CR-78 beat on top. 

think I found it

thx for the suggestions auxien. 

i've just remembered the supposedly canadian artist i might be mistaking this whole thing with is Datafreq, who is canadian.

completely unrelated to my topic but i could at least verify that the retro video gamey synthpop album i'm looking for has nothing to do with it. i could also verify that Datafreq made really cheap and shitty electro. 

sorry for bumping this, i can't be bothered to ask on other sites: 

does the name "formandweller" ring a bell to anyone? why is that word stuck in my mind? 

at first i thought it was a watmm member but it's not. 

does that word have anything to do with what i'm looking for? it doesn't correspond to anything in google. 

also, i think the cover art is a picture of one or several analogue synths, and that picture is surrounded by a colored frame (i can't remember the color), in a very classic vintage pop album way. 

anyway, FORMANDWELLER: what's up with that?

well done boys. my memory sucks these days it seems.

my thing has nothing to do with der zyklus obviously. 

obsessing over lost memories is fun anyway. it's like your brain tricks you into thinking that finding a specific thing again will be rewarding, when it's rarely the case. 

• 1 year later...

FOUND IT! http://www.toolboxrecords.com/fr/product/14016/electro-breaks/astro-chicken-04/ the tune is the title track

for no reason i thought about this earlier and used the advanced search tool on discogs, took me about 20 minutes to find it. 

i was right about almost everything, except for the chord progression which is sort of a line cliché: F - Fmaj7sus2 - F7sus2 - Bb 

classic nostalgic sound :) 

that's all chaps

Lol! Congratulations! So your Swiss-Canadian guy is actually from Düsseldorf. :biggrin: Astro Chicken is a great little label. I think the music is all done by this one guy called Sebastian. I've exchanged a handful of e-mails with him a couple of years ago, and he seemed like the nicest dude.

Strangely enough, I had him pegged as the mastermind behind Pocketgame as well, which upon further investigation doesn't hold water (it's actually Maru & Comix), so I guess my memory is playing tricks on me as well.  Worth checking out anyway.

Archived