IGNORED

tt1pd

jules

this needs its own thread. literally the heart of the machine. the extreme of this vs all end is just incomprehensible. woodpecker ae. this track has it all. the sound is just splattered all over the place. top tier all the way. 30 years in and they are hitting another stride.

Oo

Aaaaaaaaaanyway...

=P

tt1pd is most definitely a highlight that's shining bright in an entire 8 hours of highlights that shine bright.

But it is one of a handful of tracks that I think wouldn't loose anything if released as a stand alone single, while most of the other tracks seem to (again, IMO) work better when left within the context of everything around them. If that makes any sense....

Maybe I'm just talking out of my ass. =X

It happens quite often.

tt1pd is indeed a bad to the bone indulgence from the boys. the combination of the heavy flat-out grooves with the massive scrapes of electromagnetic turbulence and the fact that they let it rock for so long. it's a crowd pleaser without pandering. what absolute ballers. 

this needs its own thread. literally the heart of the machine. the extreme of this vs all end is just incomprehensible. woodpecker ae. this track has it all. the sound is just splattered all over the place. top tier all the way. 30 years in and they are hitting another stride.

jkx6xu.gif

You, Sir, are right. You are talking about the best Ae track on NTS. At first I mostly listened to the second half of it, where shit gets serious. I thought that woodpechre was cheesy, but IDK, the flow, it works. Proper dancefloor which I enjoy, then destroyed, 'coz: REJOICE! ITS DOOMS DAY!

It's the Ae nerd's secret weapon for when somebody's blasting B-grade trap thru their ghetto thumpers. Or if somebody's blaring shitty country music for that matter.

Thx Jules ! U wore a fag is the brain reaper of these sessions, imo.

Very danceable too

Second half has some sounds in common with no border to me ears

Maybe its the kush, dunno

I don't know, I like most other NTS tracks more. The percussion in this one is more repetitive than in other tracks

is it maybe....

...too fast for you? :emotawesomepm9: 

this is track is off the chain, yep

that modulating woodblock "snare" sound, the dubby bass

edit: listening again, cant even break it down to just those.  everything is moving in the most awesome of ways

Edited by Marked x 0ne

I like the slow churn of the 2nd half but the first half doesn’t do anything for me. Least fav track on NTS03.

The nasal bassline (the dubby one that is connected to the bass drum) brings to mind African music that involves donno drumming (talking drum, example here). Blows my mind every time.

Also, my current favourite piece to listen to whilst running.

this is totally a cousin of recks on

Really? I dunno man, Recks On sounds much darker and creepier to me.

Edited by ambermonk

• 2 months later...

My biggest preference in this went to after ~16:30 and especially 16:51, where this E-F-D is played, mighty ducking going on, that sizzling drone in the background... a lot going on. While the monster continuously tramples everything to the form of stamps.

I guess 95% of my NTS listening time was tt1pd only.

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...