IGNORED

Aphex Twin at Club to Club 2018 (Torino)

orazioblur

Overall Club2Club was an awesome festival. Friday was a little boring besides Elena Colombi and Skee Mask - Saturday was much better with Benoise, DJ Nigga Fox, and ? who I think was Kode9. ? played jungle and heavy house music for 3 hours after AFX. Though, ? was supposed to be Thom Yorke performing his new album according to this girl who came up to me with a survey.

Sunday was excellent. Went to this beautiful Palace for the closing ceremony and raved in a cathedral. Insane amounts of reverb but it was a super cool atmosphere to rave in. DJ Nigga Fox played for 30 minutes at the end and seemed abrupt. Awesome seeing you Phudoshin and thank you to all of the cool people I met (Leroy, Christiano, Stefan/Ana, Hunter, and whoever else I forgot to mention)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't get over that evil ambient track he played first thing, deffo not a Stone in Focus remix, sounds like a London EP/Collapse-era track, super dark and sad but so epic and evil at the same time, really one of the best things I've heard of him in that style, so simple but so effective, hope he releases it and I hope it's longer than 90 seconds. Also the female voice sounds like the one on MT1. It's like (hopefully) a glimpse into the next era of AFX and I couldn't be more excited.

Can't get over that evil ambient track he played first thing, deffo not a Stone in Focus remix, sounds like a London EP/Collapse-era track, super dark and sad but so epic and evil at the same time, really one of the best things I've heard of him in that style, so simple but so effective, hope he releases it and I hope it's longer than 90 seconds. Also the female voice sounds like the one on MT1. It's like (hopefully) a glimpse into the next era of AFX and I couldn't be more excited.

yeah this idea that its different versions of Tha and Stone in Focus is lost on me. think they are unreleased bits which is actually more exciting. 

I'm not sure, but I'm hoping it's new. Anyone trying to put the tracklist in order? I don't know all tracks well enough and it's hard with only one bad recording to go by, but this is my first approximation based on this:

00:00 Aphex Twin - Various Ambient doodles/snippets
04:00 Aphex Twin - Stone In Focus
06:00 Aphex Twin - T16.5 MADMA with nastya
11:50 Current Value - Dead Communication (feat. DR & Lockjaw)
14:00 Aquarian - Event Horizon
16:00 Holy Similaun - Mtazmex + ?
18:25 AQXDM - Aegis
24:30 Zuli - What You Do
27:20 Logos - Wut It Do (feat. Mumdance)
29:20 Unknown ID #2
31:00 ?
33:00 Skee Mask - 50 Euro To Break Boost
35:30 Aquarian - Hamburglar Helper (Aquarian & Deapmash Remix) 
39:00 ?
41:00 Aphex Twin - Phloam
44:00 Reload - Peschi
AFX - oberheim blacet1b
Luca Lozano - Ton
?  
Aphex Twin - PAPAT4 (Pineal mix)
AFX - Cilonen
Aphex Twin - Gwety Mernans
Aphex Twin - MT1 t29r2

bitches... here be my recording... if you hear me.. tough shits i had funs!

Thanks a lot for sharing! Seems like those first two ambient pieces have the same scale/harmonic vibe of Stone In Focus and Tha, but with your recording I can now believe that are totally different pieces. 

...and, I have a scoop about the person with him on stage. I'll start a new thread about it later

Really starting to sound like SAW 3 up in here.. That beginning is so massive, beautiful and powerful, absolutely lush. Hope he has an album full of that stuff ready to roll. Nice recording aswell, love how deep the bass is.

Also around 8:30 minutes, wtf is that tune and why is it so god damn good, it's so short but promising, proper Tomorrows Harvest vibes, but those extra modulations around 8:42 really sound next level. Future looks very bright if that is the pallete of SAW 3/his next stuff.

Really starting to sound like SAW 3 up in here.. That beginning is so massive, beautiful and powerful, absolutely lush. Hope he has an album full of that stuff ready to roll. Nice recording aswell, love how deep the bass is.

Also around 8:30 minutes, wtf is that tune and why is it so god damn good, it's so short but promising, proper Tomorrows Harvest vibes, but those extra modulations around 8:42 really sound next level. Future looks very bright if that is the pallete of SAW 3/his next stuff.

Putain! nice recording and nice ambient tracks indeed, hope it's new shit!

If the Berlin show seemed to be very club oriented, I felt like this one was more large-space customized, really enjoyed all the fat kicks and Phloam, pure hangar track.

Don't know how was the situation in the back lines, but in the first half of the crowd people was quite packed and most of the people didn't really dance. So at Oberheim Blacet1b I decided to freak out hoping that anyone else around me would do the same (and it quite happened, so afx rewarded me dropping papat4 and cilonen, I couldn't believe it) 

Audio was ok, maybe you can't do better on a space like that. Crack Stage was smaller and you could perfectly feel every frequency

I think I’ve finally returned to reality after that set. For those of us who were there, we saw something truly special.

I feel the same on new ambient in lieu of Stone In Focus / Tha noodling; it felt like 100% geniune new SAW ironically in contrast to the response he gave in the Deustche interview about returning to ambient production. The selections and delivery of was soooo smooth and Weirdcore delivered in the same vein; fresh yet true. PAPAT into Cilonen was out of this world. MT1, fucking Phloam!? Gwety fucking Mernans flexing the system and my organs. Upwards of/over 10 Aphex/AFX originals, delivered live in some respects, what an absolute treat. I almost said fuck it and didn’t go to Turin because I thought it couldn’t top AFX & Friends in Berlin....but that 24hr trip from Berlin was something I’ll never forget. IMO this topped D4N, Field Day and Berlin for me. What a time to be alive. Thank you Richard!

oh those stupid f*cks

Hi a m,

Due to a copyright claim, your YouTube video has been blocked. This means that your video can no longer be played on YouTube.

Video title: Aphex Twin - Torino Club to club - 2018 
Copyrighted content: MT1 t29r2 
Claimed by: [Merlin] Warp Records

View claim details

oh those stupid f*cks

Hi a m,

Due to a copyright claim, your YouTube video has been blocked. This means that your video can no longer be played on YouTube.

View claim details

I'm sorry man, I called it earlier...

Maybe you should try to mute the fragment with the MT1 track and leave the rest (with adding the yt adnotation using the whole vulgar vocabulary you can think of about warp corporation for doing this I spose)...

Richard could also do sth about it, assuming he is still visiting his website/sc accounts...

Thank you very much phudoshin for recording, that was a great set! I hope you made it to the toilet in time :wink:

The intro stuff is amazing, I hope that it get's ID or released. The one that starts at 04:25 is beautiful...

Also as others have said Papat4 into Cilonen, and then MT1, amazing stuff.

oh those stupid f*cks

Hi a m,

View claim details

I'm sorry man, I called it earlier...

Maybe you should try to mute the fragment with the MT1 track and leave the rest (with adding the yt adnotation using the whole vulgar vocabulary you can think of about warp corporation for doing this I spose)...

Richard could also do sth about it, assuming he is still visiting his website/sc accounts...

I'll give the mute a lash later and see what happens... i don't mind them wanting to copyright stuff but at least be consistent. MT1 is out there along with a zillion other afx goodies

PS sorry about the "i need a pee" sample. basic error... luckily i had a trustworthy pal on hand to do the business..while i legged it for 3mins! 

Archived