IGNORED

Aphex Twin at Club to Club 2018 (Torino)

orazioblur

oh those stupid f*cks

Hi a m,

Due to a copyright claim, your YouTube video has been blocked. This means that your video can no longer be played on YouTube.

Video title: Aphex Twin - Torino Club to club - 2018 

Copyrighted content: MT1 t29r2 

Claimed by: [Merlin] Warp Records

View claim details

I'm sorry man, I called it earlier...

Maybe you should try to mute the fragment with the MT1 track and leave the rest (with adding the yt adnotation using the whole vulgar vocabulary you can think of about warp corporation for doing this I spose)...

Richard could also do sth about it, assuming he is still visiting his website/sc accounts...

I'll give the mute a lash later and see what happens... i don't mind them wanting to copyright stuff but at least be consistent. MT1 is out there along with a zillion other afx goodies

PS sorry about the "i need a pee" sample. basic error... luckily i had a trustworthy pal on hand to do the business..while i legged it for 3mins! 

i dont think its that intelligent. youtube does a shazam thing spots of track and blocks it. doesnt care if its in a mix. end of he day as great as youtube is it also fucks over the music industry so the fact they are doing anything like this these days is a good thing for music in general (IMO)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just an observation. RDJ hasn't played any squarepusher on this tour (actually not sure about Bilbao)... still ... it means TJ needs to get his finger out with the acid/jungle/breakbeat goodies. Richie usually plays somefink

PS sorry about the "i need a pee" sample. basic error... luckily i had a trustworthy pal on hand to do the business..while i legged it for 3mins!

You gotta do what you gotta do!

Even after re-listening it I barely recognise Stone in Focus. Seems like a very different version, or other tonality or something... I do like the rework of the mdma track right after it, but hadn't recognised it when I was there. Thought they were new tracks. 

Even after re-listening it I barely recognise Stone in Focus. Seems like a very different version, or other tonality or something... I do like the rework of the mdma track right after it, but hadn't recognised it when I was there. Thought they were new tracks. 

I think they are new tracks, don't know where this Stone in Focus connection has come from, it sounds extremely modern. The second track does have the same timbre as MDMA but the melody is different so it's probably just a new track made in that time period.

The more I listen to the opening, the more it just sounds like live improvised noodling rather than potential new tracks. Everything sounds messy, like splattered paint. Sounds cool in a live setting, but I don't think I'd want that on a new album. The Berlin show also had a track in the opening that raises an eyebrow. That one has a bit more punch, but even that sounds like it could've been done right then and there. Synth felt off and a bit out of sync at parts. Wish we could get a clear glimpse of what was going on behind the scenes in terms of gear/equipment.

I think they are new tracks, don't know where this Stone in Focus connection has come from, it sounds extremely modern. The second track does have the same timbre as MDMA but the melody is different so it's probably just a new track made in that time period.

Same here, I can see that people think that it kind of sounds like Stone In Focus, but not much more than the other tracks on SAW 2... Also I would guess that the (awesome) part that starts at 04:35 is a separate track.

• 2 months later...

What. A. Set!!!!!!! unreal. 

Still haven't heard who was on stage for most of the set with Richard??

Weirdcore tweeted it was Richard's wife with him, but has this been confirmed? 

yes by rich himself.

yes by rich himself.

Oh right, must've missed that. I wonder how many tracks she got to choose 

yes by rich himself.

Oh right, must've missed that. I wonder how many tracks she got to choose 

I think he's doing all the DJing, while she's helping him with another modular and adding fx. At one show you can also see her wear a mic, maybe she also adds some "vocals". He didn't go into detail, hehe :-)!

• 5 months later...

Archived