IGNORED

Acrelid - Illegal Rave Tapes - Volume 03

Acrelid

IDS023..................................................Acrelid
 Illegal Rave Tapes
----------- Volume 03 ------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Side A                                                                                               C60     

1.  The Submersible Mind
2.  To Remind Me...
3.  Navigate Our Brain
4.  Macroland
5.  Occom Acid
6.  Tethered
7.  Cantina Scene

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Side B                                                                                                    

8.  Peak Indication
9.  Pulse Wave
10. Inaugural Rushes
11. Shackler
12. Blue Dawn
13. Funny Faces
14. Mr Modulator
15. Found a Pineapple

Written, Arranged and Produced by           
John Lee Richardson
at Hatcliffe House
Indifferent Space Recordings
Circa 1999-2012

post-18469-0-26876100-1526929473_thumb.jpg  post-18469-0-32817000-1526929464_thumb.jpg

Available on Limited Edition C60 Cassette / CD and Digital Download 

post-18469-0-32817000-1526929464_thumb.jpg

post-18469-0-26876100-1526929473_thumb.jpg

bizzought!

Btw, a second copy (the original order) of vol 1 ended up showing up several weeks or so after the second order you shipped arrived, not sure what happened but it looks like it got lost somewhere in the cpost system and eventually made it here. I don't think I emailed you that.

So ship normal! It will make it here eventually. :)

cheers

bizzought!

Btw, a second copy (the original order) of vol 1 ended up showing up several weeks or so after the second order you shipped arrived, not sure what happened but it looks like it got lost somewhere in the cpost system and eventually made it here. I don't think I emailed you that.

So ship normal! It will make it here eventually. :)

cheers

check your emails....iv'e sent you a message about shipping

Lushness. Just bought all 3 cds.

Loving the sound of part 3 so far.

Shipped these today will email you a tracking number shortly....cheers

Volume 3 is the best of the bunch so far. I’d love to be standing in a darkened warehouse off my head listening to these jams.

Acrelid, what else would you recommend from your back catelogue?

Volume 3 is the best of the bunch so far. I’d love to be standing in a darkened warehouse off my head listening to these jams.

Acrelid, what else would you recommend from your back catelogue?

Looks like you beat me to it assuming you just bought aload of releases of my Bandcamp page.

Did you know i had a 50% off sale on my full current digital discography on Bandcamp?

Anyway it is as follows:

• Acrelid stuff is Rave/Braindance/IDM/Jungle inspired by early Warp and Rephlex material.
  • Oscillopeisia is Cosmic Disco/Komishe (althought for future releases the artist name will be changed to Cosmica)
  • Jazzsic is Jazz inspired mush
  • The Hatcliffe House Tapes styles vary each release from Psychedelic/Krautrock/Cosmic/New Wave/Post Punk/Ambient/Downtempo/Hauntlogy plus a couple of concept albums (4/10) inspired by 80's cassette culture/70's electronic music, early Ghostbox records releases and jams with mates.

I am working my way through my archive which is split up into folders of where they was recorded at the time. Moving studio was a good cut off point for that particular era.

At the moment im working through my Acrelid material which was recorded at Hatcliffe House between the years 2001-2012 alongside the Hatcliffe House Tapes series. These are being presented as the Illegal Rave Tapes series, i have lots more volumes to be remastered and released in this series, but i can't tell how many yet as im still in that process, thats why there is a month or 2 wait between each release....some of the recordings are really bad quality so it's taking time to put right as best i can, most are single wav/mp3 layers/cassettes/mini disc recordings im working with here.

After this series i am moving onto my Saints Room era between 2012-2016 which is total analog as i had require more gear at that time and tried to stay away from the computer screen.

Then i will eventualy move onto my current material 2017 until now which is more polished and won't require being remastered so releases will speed up then.

I have to say my personal best stuff is yet to be released but i am proud of each release so far or it would not be out there in the wild. I am currently about 30% working my through all this material being released on my label Indifferent Space Recordings and hope to catch up over the next few years, but new material is being recorded all the time....so catching up is long way off yet.

It's a total DIY operation with just me at the helm doing all the music, artwork, videos, promotion and making the physical products which is a huge undertaking on my behalf but worth it in the end, it's my lifelong art project and im glad people are starting to follow it, as it inspires me to carry on and get all this material out there in the wild.

Thanks for your support.

John

Huge amount of respect for your “lifelong art project”. Clearly a lot of love is going into all this stuff and the quality control is really high for such a large body of work.

WATMM peeps need to check this out.

Equipment List:

Hardware:

Korg Electribe EA-1 MKII (x2)
Korg Electribe ER-1 MKII
Korg Kaoss Pad 1
Korg Kaoss Pad Quad
Korg MS 20 Legacy Controller
Roland SH 201

Roland MC303
Yamaha DJX-2
Novation Supernova II
Numark CDJ X
Various Effects Pedals

Software:

Ableton Live 5
Arturia Storm
Native Instruments Limelite Solo
Various VST's

Recorded to Cassette Tape via:

Pioneer DJM500 Mixer

Technics sl-eh790 Stereo System/Cassette Recorder

Credits:

Written, Arranged and Produced by
John Lee Richardson
at Hatcliffe House

Circa 1999-2012

*Remastered in Ableton 8

2018 by John Lee Richardson

for Indifferent Space Recordings

• 1 month later...

Yeah, really enjoying these releases. Haven't checked out all of the Hatcliffe House tapes yet, thx for the tip. 

Awesome project John, thank you for sharing all this. It's clear you've had a passion for this for a long time.

Archived