IGNORED

enjoying art from an artist who is less than savory

dr lopez

humans != art.

that's all there is to it imo. art has no brain. if you really only want to support perfectly clean personalities you might just as well give up completely cos everyone is a bit shit sometimes, non?

yeh.. feel like this focus on “safe” & “fair” content by fair and agreeable people will ruin a lot of things.. if the production of creative stuffs is going to be cleansed off difficult / troubled / misanthrope or whatever people - and I think this is happening.. the odd weirdo might think twice before coming forward with some outrageous, personal artwork, might get run over by the SJW train, it’s bad ROI or they might even get hurt.. right? like you don’t need to have skeletons in your basement to be scared that someone might just point at you being a “potential” bad boo boo because you have some conflicting inner world..

I mean at this point it’s still largely mainstream culture that’s affected, couldn’t care less, but this overall Disneyfication of stuff, mostly caused by social media web services seems to bubble into subcultures as well.. better hop on the safe & clean wagon before the guillotine comes for you...

humans != art.

that's all there is to it imo. art has no brain. if you really only want to support perfectly clean personalities you might just as well give up completely cos everyone is a bit shit sometimes, non?

yeh.. feel like this focus on “safe” & “fair” content by fair and agreeable people will ruin a lot of things.. if the production of creative stuffs is going to be cleansed off difficult / troubled / misanthrope or whatever people - and I think this is happening.. the odd weirdo might think twice before coming forward with some outrageous, personal artwork, might get run over by the SJW train, it’s bad ROI or they might even get hurt.. right? like you don’t need to have skeletons in your basement to be scared that someone might just point at you being a “potential” bad boo boo because you have some conflicting inner world..

I mean at this point it’s still largely mainstream culture that’s affected, couldn’t care less, but this overall Disneyfication of stuff, mostly caused by social media web services seems to bubble into subcultures as well.. better hop on the safe & clean wagon before the guillotine comes for you...

like not even anything about PC vs. non-PC but like, without going into paranoia I'm a big-time headphone user, to me like the speaker effect is like hearing your own voice, when you play back a recording of your voice and you're like "boy my voice sounds weird", lol, if that makes sense. With headphones I feel like you subvert that

but yeah I would explain as 'own voice sounds weird' instead of going into some philosophical shit like everyone feels their music/their creation is being judged by a nonexistent God or some shit

Edited by Ragnar

humans != art.

like not even anything about PC vs. non-PC but like, without going into paranoia I'm a big-time headphone user, to me like the speaker effect is like hearing your own voice, when you play back a recording of your voice and you're like "boy my voice sounds weird", lol, if that makes sense. With headphones I feel like you subvert that

but yeah I would explain as 'own voice sounds weird' instead of going into some philosophical shit like everyone feels their music/their creation is being judged by a nonexistent God or some shit

what the hell

humans != art.

what the hell

eh chill out, I'm just like saying that there are like creative avenues maybe people don't explore on more subtle terms, or something. Like if you do use headphones maybe you'll go for 'louder' music than you would otherwise because you're not intruding on someone's personal space, too

also just mainstream vs. non-mainstream, 99% of the world isn't gonna hear the tunes or care anyway

Edited by Ragnar

Yeah we all know what you're talking about. We're confused as to how it follows from the post you are quoting.

The answer is it doesn't. It was just an excuse to talk about yourself again.

Autistic narcissism 

Yeah we all know what you're talking about. We're confused as to how it follows from the post you are quoting.

The answer is it doesn't. It was just an excuse to talk about yourself again.

Autistic narcissism 

:(

yeah it wasn't so relevant to the topic, except like if there's already the context of being an asshole, the self-consciousness isn't there, and maybe self-consciousness leads to shitty music. I'm also just hella tired rn

I cannot comprehend ragnars posts

I think that what Ragnar is trying to say is that being hesitant to publish potentially controversial art because of an oversensitive judgemental crowd finding pleasure in pointing fingers at people is in fact the fear of your own self-judgement that becomes more prevalent when the work gets public attention. Publishing work might make the author reflect on that work differently than when it stays private so it can be seen as the equivalent of listening to your own voice and thinking it is weird. I think that is what Ragnar was trying to say but admittedly it was a bit hard to figure out.

I think hello spiral has no idea what autism means and that the word shouldn't be abused to insult people because it's a slap in the face for everyone who really suffers from that disease.

nobody actually pontificates upon the nature of the universe when listening to Autechre, it actually beams Bubsy 3D thoughts into ur head

I cannot comprehend ragnars posts

I think hello spiral has no idea what autism means and that the word shouldn't be abused to insult people because it's a slap in the face for everyone who really suffers from that disease.

it's dangerously Trump-esque thing to do tbh, like that hand flap speech or whatever he did

Edit: also if my posts are ever obtuse on the forum was it really unexpected given the music I write

Edited by Ragnar

it was sort of tangential but I was getting at the nature of music/etc. that has a 'raw' or unfiltered feeling regardless of whether the person is morally off like the original topic

the God part was mostly jokey, like making up something on the spot how Freud would explain/rationalize it, I guess

Edited by Ragnar

You know me and u are good rag, I don't hate you. TOUGH LOVE is what this is. I own around 150 of your albums.

Darreich on the other hand can go fuck himself. Fucking edgelord truth hacker prick.

You know me and u are good rag, I don't hate you. TOUGH LOVE is what this is. I own around 150 of your albums.

Darreich on the other hand can go fuck himself. Fucking edgelord truth hacker prick.

I like darreichungsform though, what an awkward love triangle this is

yet you're the one calling autism a disease you prick

in before darreichs usual defense:

n8umjWj.png

Edited by triachus

yet you're the one calling autism a disease you prick

in before darreichs usual defense:

n8umjWj.png

https://www.autismspeaks.org/what-autism/diagnosis/dsm-5-diagnostic-criteria

It is listed as a mental disease

edit: Before you say it's a disorder and not a disease, read this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_disorder

Synonyms Psychiatric disorder, psychological disorder, mental illness, mental disease
Edited by darreichungsform