IGNORED

All-Purpose Smartypants Thread

Salvatorin

Alright since the JBP thread was locked ostensibly for being redundant or something, let's just have a thread where we can discuss stuff. Alright I'll start.

Here is an interesting article that posits a framework for understanding the clusterfuck that is the "left" these days: http://theamericanreader.com/jenesuispasliberal-entering-the-quagmire-of-online-leftism/

Classifying leftist ideology in a framework of agency and trust, I find a buried contradiction at the heart of anti-oppressive activism, one in which practitioners pathologically self-position themselves in a space of chronic moral jeopardy.

auerbach.jpg

Sorry to pull a compson but I have to board a plane, I'll be back to give me thoughts about this essay later.

lol 

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright since the JBP thread was locked ostensibly for being redundant or something, let's just have a thread where we can discuss stuff. Alright I'll start.

Here is an interesting article that posits a framework for understanding the clusterfuck that is the "left" these days: http://theamericanreader.com/jenesuispasliberal-entering-the-quagmire-of-online-leftism/

Classifying leftist ideology in a framework of agency and trust, I find a buried contradiction at the heart of anti-oppressive activism, one in which practitioners pathologically self-position themselves in a space of chronic moral jeopardy.

auerbach.jpg

Sorry to pull a compson but I have to board a plane, I'll be back to give me thoughts about this essay later.

lol 

this chart was obviously fabricated by the right to imply that the left is two-dimensional (and implication that the right is three-dimensional or something)

maybe we could end serial killing in our lifetimes if we just popularized through the internet 'serial killing is kinda gay'

also re: aliens, I think like real life science it looks less and less likely any alien life is out there, but you guys probably read up on that stuff. We'll probably genetically engineer weirdo mutants and furries with more probability than ever meeting aliens or some shit. Or like there was also some theory that we missed aliens by like several eons. It's literally canon about 'a long long time ago in a galaxy far away' or something

oh god the one time I didn't joke directly that 'dat's kinda gay' and the serial killer dudes were actually banging the men first. It does scare me though, like did just normal capacity for affection get subverted at some point. Like would you argue that these guys are even 'gay' or not or it's just happens to target men, would they have been gay anyway if they had a healthier mind, that sorta thing

oh god the one time I didn't joke directly that 'dat's kinda gay' and the serial killer dudes were actually banging the men first. It does scare me though, like did just normal capacity for affection get subverted at some point. Like would you argue that these guys are even 'gay' or not or it's just happens to target men, would they have been gay anyway if they had a healthier mind, that sorta thing

booty referring to women is the only thing Jordan Peterson types still have, don't do this...... u don't know what u are doing

Archived