IGNORED

All-Purpose Smartypants Thread

Salvatorin

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We derive a theory which, after spontaneous, dynamical, and ad hoc symmetry breaking, and after elimination of all fields except a set of zero measure, produces 10-dimensional superstring theory. Since the latter is a theory of only everything, our theory describes much more than everything, and includes also anything, something, and nothing. 

I've heard it's 11 or even 27 dimensions, not 10, man

We derive a theory which, after spontaneous, dynamical, and ad hoc symmetry breaking, and after elimination of all fields except a set of zero measure, produces 10-dimensional superstring theory. Since the latter is a theory of only everything, our theory describes much more than everything, and includes also anything, something, and nothing. 

I've heard it's 11 or even 27 dimensions, not 10, man
but they got a website with references so is correct imo

We experience reality in one language. Imagine the advantage of being “bilingual”. Or even a polyglot. Now imagine the distinctions between these multiple languages being trivial, or an obstacle towards the real advantageous employment of this skill. Now imagine being a fried snickers bar being eaten by an obese person. You just cracked the code and have more accomplished in your life than a brain surgeon. Think about that. Never stop thinking.

We experience reality in one language. Imagine the advantage of being “bilingual”. Or even a polyglot. Now imagine the distinctions between these multiple languages being trivial, or an obstacle towards the real advantageous employment of this skill. Now imagine being a fried snickers bar being eaten by an obese person. You just cracked the code and have more accomplished in your life than a brain surgeon. Think about that. Never stop thinking.

thank

and

eleven-dimensional supergravity

Speaking of string theory i have tickets to go see Michio Kaku later this year but i cannae attend because i have to go to my niece's birthday. :/

Can learn more from children than you can from a science lecture anyway.

a somewhat meandering take on the meaning of banning alex jones:

tbh it goes into broad philosophical discussion and kind of fails to properly hone in on what it wrong with deplatforming alex jones but it at least describes how doing so fails to actually engage Jones and offer an alternative to his paranoia.

Alex Jones even being a thing is proof that yes, people can be so dumb that they need to be saved from themselves.

Like, the Westboro Baptist Church has the right to show up outside people’s funerals and harass the family of the deceased. And everyone else has the right to tell them to go fuck themselves in greater numbers. If they were using twitter to do it, they’d be violating the terms of agreements and they’d get banned. We all know what Alex Jones thinks, he’s just being told to stfu. Quite simple, really.

Alex Jones even being a thing is proof that yes, people can be so dumb that they need to be saved from themselves.

Like, the Westboro Baptist Church has the right to show up outside people’s funerals and harass the family of the deceased. And everyone else has the right to tell them to go fuck themselves in greater numbers. If they were using twitter to do it, they’d be violating the terms of agreements and they’d get banned. We all know what Alex Jones thinks, he’s just being told to stfu. Quite simple, really.

https://twitter.com/GodHatesFagsWBC

Not sure if that's real or not, but it's sure up and there's lots of other similar users from what I saw in ~5 seconds of searching (last post is old, yes, like I said very much may be a fake account, point stands that this shit is up and all over Twitter). I knew that was wrong only because I heard an ex WBC member talking about how they were actively using Twitter a few years ago to provoke and proselytize. Maybe they had an official account in the past and got banned, dunno.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived