IGNORED

All-Purpose Smartypants Thread

Salvatorin

I was actually trolling a little, cause good ol boy JP wanted to create a public list of profs who taught Marxist/post-modern theory to essentially censure them.

yeah i caught that that's what you where going with... which is why I said "no" instictivly 

edit: I really need to hammer more thought on all of this stuff... perhaps leave the internet and live in the real world for a while..

edit2: social media has this property of exploding the extremes of both sides out of proportion.. it would be interesting to study how much that is driving the polarization

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Radical centrist"

I feel like that often. Pragmatically anyway, not core beliefs. I'm always hesitant to classify my ideology because it varies on the context.

#metoo

Unfortunately it's already been memed to death

flat,800x800,070,f.u5.jpg

It'd be like labelling yourself a rick & morty fan

or aphex twin :^)

I was contacted once by this autistic guy (I was un-PC as heck and actually thought maybe a neural network had contacted me) but like afaik the guy didn't have much politics, they were some kind of surgeon irl and like 'just replaced someone's liver' or something in a message. If that is the true autistic mindset of ethics/morality (not self-diagnosed internet autistic) to just get the adequate education and go do sum shit, that's pretty cool

so further trolling, people have opinions for miles about the Middle East but nobody's getting the adequate education they could go design a state of the art desalinization plant

without going into stereotypes, it seems like at least there's /somewhat/ of a mindset if you're like Chinese or Indian or something, like 'just go get the adequate training to be a doctor', kind of apolitical least harm view of things. Honestly I'm sort of being offensive to white people in this way, I don't think it's the white mindset at all

Edit: a random Chinese family growing up, the daughter works for a pharmaceutical company and I dunno, she has the inside story whether BIG PHARMA paranoia is for real. Not saying this is like a Chinese vs. white people distinction, but I know at least some white people have opinions/theories for dayz on the issue. Or as if the health food industry and alt cures doesn't get white as heck (yes acupuncture but whatever)

Edit: lol accidentally formed a white stereotype, white people are obsessed with health/immortality

I was contacted once by this autistic guy (I was un-PC as heck and actually thought maybe a neural network had contacted me)

fucking lol

i didn't actually say that but it had that same writing style, and I thought maybe someone was trying to extort me or something, it felt like bare minimum of information, style writing, like maybe felt copied and pasted as well. And they're probably a really good well-meaning person it's just the writing style was generic af

• 2 weeks later...

I said it once or twice or thrice, and I'm saying it again.

Let's talk grand strategy.

All this hubris, and behind the curtains, consolidation of economic power is being made. Nothing else really matters.

Syria is off the list, now North Korea is being tackled. Quite obviously Kimmy Jong received an offer he can't refuse.

Iran is next. EU is falling apart. South American countries are locked in a status quo. Africa is being re-colonized.

Left, right are being up-side down? bah, after Thatcher and Reagan economic liberals are running the show anyway.

In my own country, the radical right that sold-out our economic powerbase after 2008, under the price and to its own henchmen, is now about to seize power again. This is happening in all fringe and aspiring countries.

Superheroes are in the movies.

Youth is weak, scattered and distracted (SJW, Netflix, Youtube, guns, etc)

Kanye is a symptom.

Debate is sabotaged.

Shall I go on?

I said it once or twice or thrice, and I'm saying it again.

Let's talk grand strategy.

All this hubris, and behind the curtains, consolidation of economic power is being made. Nothing else really matters.

Syria is off the list, now North Korea is being tackled. Quite obviously Kimmy Jong received an offer he can't refuse.

Iran is next. EU is falling apart. South American countries are locked in a status quo. Africa is being re-colonized.

Left, right are being up-side down? bah, after Thatcher and Reagan economic liberals are running the show anyway.

In my own country, the radical right that sold-out our economic powerbase after 2008, under the price and to its own henchmen, is now about to seize power again. This is happening in all fringe and aspiring countries.

Superheroes are in the movies.

Youth is weak, scattered and distracted (SJW, Netflix, Youtube, guns, etc)

Kanye is a symptom.

Debate is sabotaged.

Shall I go on?

please do

please do

Well I really don't know where to start. But a good example of a sabotaged debate might be the JP thread here on watmm. I guess intellectual debates are just not cool enough these days to allow people to step out of their bubbles for a second and think -- you know, be humble for a little bit. Or like when you go out, political debates are simply not allowed and frowned upon. I'm not saying politics or sociology is the only way to engage in a meaningful conversation, but there are things going on in the world that concern us directly. And we are allowing it to continue because of our inactivity and lack of high-level discourse.

My father used to talk about the time he was in his 20s where fellow young people still had that activist fervor and intellectual sharpness. In times of student uprisings that is, when the 'establishment' still had some respect for the youth and public opinion in general. 'Winning' in life propagated by the new economic liberal standards just became the new religion and credo. Because it successfully infiltrated the norms of what people perceive as a good and meaningful life. No one wishes to be left behind in this 'race', so the model perpetuates itself.

• 4 weeks later...

Lol .

I've not seen much and he seems nice enough but I've never heard Dave actually say anything partucularly interesting ...

I like Eric though ... and Sams AI stuff in general is interesting ... but that's not where the cash is I guess

I saw even Jim Jeffries interviewed JP - what is JJ going to get out of JP that hasn't already been said a million times

lol:

Rubin is terrible, hated him from the first moment I laid eyes on him, smug humourless prat.

The Weinstein's are good though, and Sam is great.

Jeffries did get to JBP to turn around a statement in about 10 seconds by citing literally one easy argument against it. To Peterson's credit, he did admit he was wrong, but still...a comedian sets you up and you fall right into it and don't notice til said comedian points out the flaw? Comedians are generally the better of the 'thinkers' of modern Western society anyway, I guess.

edit: caze just posted it obviously. Thanks.

In fairness I haven't seen the full interview, but that clip makes it seem like he hasn't given the issue much thought at all.

Archived