IGNORED

All-Purpose Smartypants Thread

Salvatorin

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam Harris, the Weinsteins, and Douglas Murray are speaking at a conference in Sydney and the cost is .... $549 AUD.

What the actual fuck. I know these guys are pro capitalism, as am I, but that is an absolute piss take.

The same show is playing in London and I've just checked some seating prices, seems like normal seating is around £30-50 including fees - Are you looking at special gold tickets where they all tidy your room ?

$500 AUD for an all day conference doesn't seem too out of the ordinary ... I mean, I wouldn't pay that much but don't all day events like this sometimes go into the $1000s?

You'll be woke AF when they've taken all your money though, definitely worth it

Oh wow, you've all been to Reddit, I'm so impressed.

So let's talk about not falling into tribalism and groupthink, since that seems to be a big problem among watmmers apparently.

Dunno man, what do you call this?

Fuck all modern Republicans. Every last one. All they can do is scoff at, troll, and tease people who are different from them. They're morally and intellectually bankrupt. When it comes to any real progress or contribution to the world, they're fucking useless.

This is not a issue limited to watmm, is spread all over the internet.. most notably youtube, facebook & twitter and slowly but surely spreading to the normie mind.

Every "group" is prone to fall into these kind of statements. "modern Republicans" in the quote above is usually replaced like this:

Fascists/alt-right replace it with "jews", "communists" or *insert racial slur here* etc

Conservatives/Right wingers replace it with "sjw:s" or "democrats" etc

"Centrists"/ the IDW replace it with "the left" or "post-modern neo marxists" etc

Democrats replace it with "trump supporters", "modern republicans" as seen above

The YouTube left replace it with "conservatives", "fascists", "liberals" (sometimes) etc

SJW:s replace it with "white cis-gendered heteronormative toxic (ad infinitum) men", "white supremasists" etc

etc etc etc

I'm not claiming I don't do this myself, and I'm not claiming that all people in said groups do this (altough the more authoritarian you get the more this kind of thinking is the norm I think). Is also important to note that the thoughts of most normal people are split across several/all of these groups in one way or another

I am claiming it is a stupid thing to do, it leads nowhere, is counterproductive, it fuels polarization and devalues dialogue between the groups (which is the only way to reach peace)

Unless your goal is not peace but blood on the streets, then sure.. you go ahead

imho, tbqh, bbq

edit: I'm not claiming the horseshoe theory thing, that's a different discussion

Archived