IGNORED

eÄi

wish this was longer and had more chance to develop. Like I said you get more at the Autechre vibes than most people I've heard without being a knock-off. I really think there are the IDM artists where it /is/ literally their idea of interesting sounds/tonality where other artists are more 'cookie cutter' about it? Or like trying too hard to be political or saying something about 'dehumanization' when I think the real excitement comes from "maybe this person's brain is kinda different, this makes sense/is tonality to them"

Even if it was a pad or background atmosphere getting mangled in the same way as the beat .. but like I said o

Have no idea what your process is or if that's possible

Hard to explain my process fully because there were many steps. I started by recording three relatively random sounds. One is myself sitting down on the sofa, one is wind in the leaves of the tree before my window and one was me tapping on my laptop with my finger nail. I Crafted these into percussive sounds by pitching them and editing the envelope curves. Then I programmed a rhythm which took a while because I went really OCD on this. I made variations of the percussive sounds by using ring modulators and reverbs. The track is relatively short simply because I was to lazy to work on it an further. As I said, the sounds are all put by hand down to 1/128 level. For the background mess I noodled around with Synth1 and different effects and automatized them. Also I cut some voice audio in pieces, rearranged it, added a reverb and used it for background ambience. Of course that's not all but maybe you get an idea of my process.

wish this was longer and had more chance to develop. Like I said you get more at the Autechre vibes than most people I've heard without being a knock-off. I really think there are the IDM artists where it /is/ literally their idea of interesting sounds/tonality where other artists are more 'cookie cutter' about it? Or like trying too hard to be political or saying something about 'dehumanization' when I think the real excitement comes from "maybe this person's brain is kinda different, this makes sense/is tonality to them"

Thanks. Yeah it's interesting how different brains perceive different compositions as viable

Even if it was a pad or background atmosphere getting mangled in the same way as the beat .. but like I said o

Have no idea what your process is or if that's possible

Hard to explain my process fully because there were many steps. I started by recording three relatively random sounds. One is myself sitting down on the sofa, one is wind in the leaves of the tree before my window and one was me tapping on my laptop with my finger nail. I Crafted these into percussive sounds by pitching them and editing the envelope curves. Then I programmed a rhythm which took a while because I went really OCD on this. I made variations of the percussive sounds by using ring modulators and reverbs. The track is relatively short simply because I was to lazy to work on it an further. As I said, the sounds are all put by hand down to 1/128 level. For the background mess I noodled around with Synth1 and different effects and automatized them. Also I cut some voice audio in pieces, rearranged it, added a reverb and used it for background ambience. Of course that's not all but maybe you get an idea of my process.

I'm pretty surprised if this is in fact sort of everyday sounds. Not that it's invalid or anything to use leaves rustling or anything, I just don't imagine those sort of sounds as being dynamic enough to be effective in an actual song, I guess.

if you want to know, an ultra IDM technique I figured out, found one of these at a tag sale

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BWLH2LX/ref=s9_acsd_newrz_hd_bw_bPeMV1_c_x_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-5&pf_rd_r=BS8E3C9230R2Y8HYVD1M&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=eae62986-74ee-510e-a623-5b17752c2f1b&pf_rd_i=379028011

I guess this is one, but the thing had this ultra-specific compression on it so it made everyday sounds kind of hyperreal-sounding. It was kind of lo-fi but had this instant sample-worthy quality to it. Like you could just record the acoustics of the room, but the device was never intended that way and sounds very surreal

Haha, this is great, actually contemplating on buying a Womb Baby Sound amplifier though I think you can simply amplify and compress the sounds recorded with a regular mic to achieve similar effects.

Also interesting would be using an ultrasound bat detector:

https://www.amazon.com/Wildlife-Acoustics-Inc-Meter-Detector/dp/B06XGN65N1/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1527158006&sr=8-3&keywords=ultrasound+detector

Haha, this is great, actually contemplating on buying a Womb Baby Sound amplifier though I think you can simply amplify and compress the sounds recorded with a regular mic to achieve similar effects.

https://www.amazon.com/Wildlife-Acoustics-Inc-Meter-Detector/dp/B06XGN65N1/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1527158006&sr=8-3&keywords=ultrasound+detector

yeah just saying there's unexplored sound stuff, that's like more ingenious/macguyver-like than just loading up some 'obscure' VST (lol some stuff is maybe kind of, the stuff that's not flashy so nobody would consider it useful, that 'spacedad' guy might make interesting stuff. He did like a modular thing though and every 'module' is its own VST, kind of unusable)

yeah just saying there's unexplored sound stuff, that's like more ingenious/macguyver-like than just loading up some 'obscure' VST (lol some stuff is maybe kind of, the stuff that's not flashy so nobody would consider it useful, that 'spacedad' guy might make interesting stuff. He did like a modular thing though and every 'module' is its own VST, kind of unusable)

Definitely. I don't like the kind of Vsts that do a lot but their handling is limited and it's not really transparent what exactly they are doing. I think Synth1 is a nice Vst because it is so simple and basic and at the same time extremely flexible and I understand exactly what happens. So nothing wrong with Vsts in general, they are pretty useful. But of course there are so many more options to create weird sounds e.g. rubbing different materials against each other. It's always nice to combine those very pure synthetic sounds generated by a computer with endlessly complex sounds of recorded samples that you distort and mangle

Archived