IGNORED

Store Privacy Policy Update

WhitleyStriber

Got an email this morning from Bleep about the Aphex Twin store:

Aphex Twin - Store Privacy Policy Update

As you have previously created an account on the Aphex Twin - Store we wish to notify you of changes to our Privacy Policy.

New European privacy legislation (GDPR) is coming into effect on the 25th May. These rules define companies' responsibilities with regards users' personal data and require greater transparency about how data is handled. We care about our customers and their privacy and welcome these changes. We are updating our Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions in accordance.

This store is run by Bleep Ltd/Ochre on behalf of Aphex Twin. Both Aphex Twin and Bleep Ltd are jointly responsible for the information we hold about you and the Privacy Policy outlines each of our roles and responsibilities.

These changes to the Privacy Policy include detailed information about what information of yours we store, where we store it and why. They also outline your rights and our responsibilities.

Review Privacy Policy

This new policy comes into effect right away. By continuing to use our site you are agreeing to our new Privacy Policy.

If you have any queries regarding this feel free to contact us at support@bleepstores.com

What could it mean?

It means what it says: New European privacy legislation (GDPR) is coming into effect on the 25th May. These rules define companies' responsibilities with regards users' personal data and require greater transparency about how data is handled.

I work in Financial Services and GDPR is a big fat pain in my a$$.  It's ironic that I am receiving multiple emails per day from various parties telling me how important protecting my privacy is to them.  Leave me alone!  I know they have to do it, but I doubt anyone is taking the time to read all the changes for every supplier of services they have used in the past.

as I was getting a million privacy policy update emails due to the new law and after seeing the Aphex Twin store one, I thought "someone on watmm is going to make a thread about this thinking it means something"

sure enough

I'm really sorry but...

Hahahahaha jesus christ...

and what span said. Damn people. We're giving Spiral a field day....and no, not that afx one.

as I was getting a million privacy policy update emails due to the new law and after seeing the Aphex Twin store one, I thought "someone on watmm is going to make a thread about this thinking it means something"

sure enough

Yup, it was just a case of who it would be. I wasnt sure exactly who, but I did manage to narrow the potential culprit down to someone with that "aw shucks" style with a hint of "howdy diddely do" and a smidgen of the old "hey man, high 5"

You try to tell yourself theres a limit to how fucking dumb people can be but theres a minority who fall through the cracks in society.

replying to threads similar to this one got me banned from twoism, so I'm keeping my mouth firmly shut

No, by all means... go ahead.

replying to threads similar to this one got me banned from twoism, so I'm keeping my mouth firmly shut

No, by all means... go ahead.

nah, I only know people who are serious Mongloids when it comes to music, watmm is too precious, so I'll kindly refuse your offer Mister Squee

Archived