IGNORED

Christopher Robin

species8472

^ sounds like something RDJ would end a DJ with

this looks alright, kind of film I'd know perfectly well what I'm getting into

I mean you just know this has an ambush of feels that will hit you in the throat

so is this the next darkxgritty disney reboot

I dunno doesn't look too bad as far as edgy but still wasn't appealing

there's probably something really impressive going on with the CGI stuffed animal look but it came across like those wendyvainity videos with the cat with its fur growing out of control

Edit: even "Christopher Robin" feels like a dark and gritty business decision over calling it "Pooh" etc. Jason Bourne, Christopher Robin. Christopher Robin: "I thought I was done with dis shit but they keep pulling me back in"

that's the general vibe i got from the trailer as well, but then they threw in that one clip of christopher robin all cut up yelling KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GODDAMN HONEY, so now i'm not totally sure

most interesting thing about this thread is that of all sites hosting that movie trailer you're linking to Ellen DeGeneres' site

that's the original source haha. all the embeds are of the 'ellentube' player. you don't use ellentube?

so is this the next darkxgritty disney reboot

pretty sure its a kids movie

it's not that kids are gonna get traumatized or anything, but like I sincerely believe old 90s kids movies were dark because the director actually had an idea in mind, I'm mocking the sort of dark and gritty where it feels like a photoshop filter, or even like the movie script isn't inherently dark, can you put a photoshop filter on a movie script

what is this obsession with “dark” kids movies?

i dunno like done out of serious concern like children have fears vs. an aesthetic. I think usually I think of Secret of Nimh for the record when I say that

it's not that I'm annoyed at movies being dark or not or movies being optimistic or pessimistic, it's just Disney themselves did it in a way more effective/arty way. just gonna post

the Christopher Robin thing just feels like random CGI by comparison

For Disney, there's pretentious dark, and then there's true dark, like Fantasia from 1940. Or any Disney animations from WWII era in general, for that matter.

man has psychotic break, kills family, claims bear told him to do it

lol

Winnie the Poop

4b5989c894b3c1a3763a4415a83da160.gif

lol 

rate PG for "Some Action"

i'm glad pooh's getting some these days

lol 

that's the general vibe i got from the trailer as well, but then they threw in that one clip of christopher robin all cut up yelling KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GODDAMN HONEY, so now i'm not totally sure

lol

https://youtu.be/g1Og5Tg_Jyo?t=318

just posting this, aside from that not gonna spam the thread

thank you for this.

man has psychotic break, kills family, claims bear told him to do it

my dog's dog bowl told me to kill the president (actually the dog food rearranged into secret dog food message, the dog also has telekinesis and rearrange his dog food but I guess he knows English too. fuck i don't know)

I clicked on the link and the closed the tab as soon as I saw the thumbnail of the video before it even started playing. fuck outta here.

the thing is I'm not like internet jokes and think this stuff is creepy/uncanny valley, it's just like........... I dunno if 'lack of enthusiasm' is creepy it is?

If it weren't for WATMM I might've stumbled upon this trailer and been confused as to whether this is a bunch of twee bullshit or my soul has, in fact, finally died. Instead I am reminded that in my formative years I drew dicks and flying feces in Sesame Street magazine, and that is just who I am. You are my people and I love you.

Archived