IGNORED

Christopher Robin

species8472

If it weren't for WATMM I might've stumbled upon this trailer and been confused as to whether this is a bunch of twee bullshit or my soul has, in fact, finally died. Instead I am reminded that in my formative years I drew dicks and flying feces in Sesame Street magazine, and that is just who I am. You are my people and I love you.

I think your avatar is "Lady With Ermine", somewhere I hope some furry thought to draw an ermine holding a smol lady

I clicked on the link and the closed the tab as soon as I saw the thumbnail of the video before it even started playing. fuck outta here.

On closer inspection, I noticed this was the first comment:

So excited to see this movie! When my 30 yr. old son was a baby, I called him “Pooh Bear”!?

:trashbear::catrage::catsuicide:

just posting this, aside from that not gonna spam the thread

4q2Vq2S.png

ahahaha at least it's mostly small quips and not like paragraph (it's honestly easy for me to start typing, not trying to be a jackass)

Edit: Final Fantasy III/VI when the one monster sprite was called "Pooh", you'd get sued for 500 billion dollars these days

4q2Vq2S.png

ahahaha at least it's mostly small quips and not like paragraph (it's honestly easy for me to start typing, not trying to be a jackass)

Edit: Final Fantasy III/VI when the one monster sprite was called "Pooh", you'd get sued for 500 billion dollars these days

google 'Kingdom Hearts'

4q2Vq2S.png

google 'Kingdom Hearts'

yeah but that's with like disney permission and everyone's making $$$$$$

Not sure why this needs its own thread? Trailer looked what I'd have expected. They couldn't get much more balls-on-the-chin with the plot and presentation though: aging white male has nostalgic trip (appeal to types like us) and then daughter with the friends go on romp (appeal to the kiddies). Seems almost too earnest and too tryhard though.

I never watched Where The Wild Things Are when they made that movie a few years back, seems like its going the same-ish route but even more safe and quaint because this is Disney (the other one might've been? dunno).

At least Pooh and the others seemed characteristically sweet and weird and pretty true to their original designs. Curious how much they'll let Eeyore be Eeyore, otherwise couldn't really be less interested in this. Getting really sick of that Disney sheen on everything they do. 

I never watched Where The Wild Things Are when they made that movie a few years back, seems like its going the same-ish route but even more safe and quaint because this is Disney (the other one might've been? dunno).

that's the thing too, Google/Youtube exists now, Disney staff probably watched Where The Wild Things Are movie like 1000000000000000000000000x (and all this other half-baked non-Disney movie interweb research) and is trying to play coy about it. If you think a particular shot is stolen from Where The Wild Things Are, computers and screencaps exist, not only could the shot be stolen but mulled over for months zooming in on a capture of the blu-ray trying to find where the 'magic' is in the cinematography

you think disney pays a special team of staffers to repeatedly watch the live action where the wild things are movie that bombed a few years ago?

lol 

you think disney pays a special team of staffers to repeatedly watch the live action where the wild things are movie that bombed a few years ago?

just movies in general, I dunno. I think maybe they're lame behind the scenes as far as magic formula for movies and trying to find golden ratios in them

Re: Dark kids films.

There've always been dark kids films no? My faves when I was wee were Watership Down, Return to Oz, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory....Pinnochio was pretty damn dark, the donkey part.

The first time I was plonked down alone in front of Charlie & the Chocolate Factory I remember the intense fear and dread I felt when Augustus was stuck in the chocolate pipe. By the time Violet inflated and turned purple I ran screaming and crying from the room.

I think Watership Down technically was never intended to be a kids film but because cartoon bunnies = for kids, tens of thousands of children are disturbed every generation

Re: Dark kids films.

There've always been dark kids films no? My faves when I was wee were Watership Down, Return to Oz, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory....Pinnochio was pretty damn dark, the donkey part.

The first time I was plonked down alone in front of Charlie & the Chocolate Factory I remember the intense fear and dread I felt when Augustus was stuck in the chocolate pipe. By the time Violet inflated and turned purple I ran screaming and crying from the room.

I think Watership Down technically was never intended to be a kids film but because cartoon bunnies = for kids, tens of thousands of children are disturbed every generation

replace 'because cartoon bunnies' with 'because oblivious half-assed parenting researching the movie first' although I would think with the internet it's gone in the other direction, overparenting with movie choices

I remember Rats of NIMH being pretty goth.

Where The Wild Things Are was one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen.

Where The Wild Things Are was a book I read as a kid, but I never bothered with the movie because it looked like pretentious profit-driven CGI crap.

For some reason I associated the book with Led Zeppelin's Kashmir back then. Maybe it's because I remember my dad playing it in the car on road trips and I happened to discover both around the same time.

NIMH

man how i loved that one as a little shit... but yeah, pretty grim.

1:09 D:

I still think kids are maybe halfway intelligent and it's not like some clear cut distinction between dark/happy kids film that's going to mess up a kid, like it can be detected to some extent whether the animators and everything actually gave a fuck? (unlike a lot of modern CGI stuff) Like weird feeling like in spite of depressing themes of the film, "somebody made this for me in a pretty authentic way" i dunno

Archived