IGNORED

some guy arrested in the UK

YangYing

Nothing alt-right about speaking against the most barbaric religion in the world bringing pedophilia and rape to a first world country.

Pretty sure there was rape and pedophilia in the UK long before Islam came around.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing alt-right about speaking against the most barbaric religion in the world bringing pedophilia and rape to a first world country.

Pretty sure there was rape and pedophilia in the UK long before Islam came around.

how pedanticis that. just stick the word "more" in before pedophilia...

Ok. Pretty sure there was more rape and more pedophilia in the UK long before Islam came around.

jimmy savile was a musulman

So much for my theory then!

Ok. Pretty sure there was more rape and more pedophilia in the UK long before Islam came around.

hehe r u being intentionally obtuse? ily btw

hey I get bashing the anti-immigrants is fun, but u should listen too.. there are reasonable arguments to be had

the media ban did happen and has now been lifted, I hope this is considered a more credible source:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2018/05/29/conservative-outrage-after-anti-muslim-campaigner-tommy-robinson-secretly-jailed-in-britain/

Oh that guy lol. He's been in my nick before. I remember he was released at a random time out the back gate to deny him a big release celebration outside the front of the prison. 

Can you send fugitives through the post in the UK? That's bloody amazing.

@MIXL2 - haven't heard a single reasonable argument put forth by anti-immigrant people.

Yes - there was a gag order, but as the article you linked concluded with:

"This is not some new form of censorship directed at Robinson" BBC correspondent Dominic Casciani wrote. "These are rules that apply to us all, equally."

Here's another article: https://thesecretbarrister.com/2018/05/25/what-has-happened-to-poor-tommy-robinson that nicely explains how rule of law applies in this situation.

aye, is an annoying causality that it fits into the no free speech picture so well (not implying there isn't free speech, just sayn the people buying that probs will keep buying it)

as with the immigration thing I have been reading up a bit on it since the jbp thing.. you want a balance between having as loose borders as possible so that information can flow freely (generally liberal stance) while at the same time keeping borders closed as to prevent infection (generally conservative stance).. I use "infection" here because disgust language (not fear) is the apparently the correct terminology

this kinda applies to everything, not only literal borders.. and u can't have only one or the other so u need the dialogue

this is my understanding so far of it anyways.. probs flawed but I do believe u need both voices or things go to shit

(filthy centrist)

Yeah, that's not a reasonable argument, since that argument equates immigrants with disease.

What you want is immigration to occur (and it should be easier than it is now - labour should be able to flow like information), and for the rule of law to apply to immigrants.

Which lo and behold is exactly what is happening, albeit slowly and imperfectly (which is often the case in the justice system with big, complex trials).

no no, I mean it does mean disease in the literal sense, but in this sense is more something akin to "infection/contamination of culture" etc so we fall into that side of the argument.. which imo is reasonable because cultures do differ significantly and the fear/disgust that merging two distinctly different cultures may disrupt the order seems sensible, but that's my opinion

perhaps u meant full-on anti immigration? cuz my point was full on no immigration is unreasonable, but full on unregulated immigration is also unreasonable so u need the proper balance

edit: the information/infection thing is more of an analogy to the general case of borders (so not only geographical)

but whatever, I barely understand this properly.. will read more

Why are you afraid of other cultures?

Aren't you from a different culture to your new home nation? Should you be treated like a disease in Sweden because you're Colombian?

Yes migration should be regulated. But it should be easier than it is now - the waiting process for many of these countries encourages people to take risks and become undocumented migrants. In the case of refugees it's different of course - policies need to be established to determine whether or not they will be temporary residents or seek to become permanent residents of the countries they (the refugees) arrive in.

I think we generally agree, this is more a definition thing

I don't think fear is the right way to think about it, maybe caution is the right word

I'm cautious of other cultures because I know first-hand how corrupt colombia is because of its culture (corrupt in the sense that taking advantage of other people is the norm.. which leads to political corruption and other myriad of problems)

And so a new culture shouldn't be treated as a disease exaclty but with caution so that if it's norms go against the established norms it can be incorporated correctly (as in, coming from a country where taking advantage of other people and the system is the norm.. it's made clear to you that such behaviour is illegal/non-sustainable in the new country)

dats just an example but I think u get the point

edit2: and so the next logical question is where do we lay the border of what's acceptable/what's not? and that's why u need both voices.. too much and it goes to shit, too little and it also goes to shit so..

edit: just to clarify I'm not that anti-immigration personally but I think this is how the other side of the argument rationalizes it

Also there should be a consistent standardized European policy about how to receive and space refugees arriving in the EU. The UK isn't EU member anymore partly because people were afraid of too many refugees and immigrants. I think a country shouldn't be forced to give space to people that aren't welcome there anyway but they should be forced to financially support the countries that are willing to help because there is a mutual dependancy. Poland and Hungary for example: I don't expect any immigrant to wanna live in these semi-fascist quagmires but these countries should at least pay their guerdon to Greece and Italy who face huge logistical problems with these masses of people that arrived and are still arriving in smaller amounts. People coming to Europe is an European issue and concerns all countries, why not work together properly and make a plan on how to administer these refugee flows coming to the continent in a collective way? I think this possibly could have prevented Brexit (which isn't necessarily a bad thing for the EU as the UK was a major cock blocker with their stupid vetos). This whole refugee crisis is in fact not a refugee crisis but an administration crisis. I'm kinda talking of refugees and immigrants as if they were the same thing here I'm realizing which is of course imprecise. Indeed it should be easier to get refugee status and residence authorization should be less bureaucratic, also acceptance of foreign education certificates.

Brexit is really just a British Triscuit. At least that’s what people thought they were voting for.

wonder how Sweden is as far as cultural stuff they actually celebrate and part of a national identity, I know in America we celebrate St. Swibbiggins Day every year and elephants and children and upside down turtles are dancing in the streets, everyone has cotton candy formed into the face of the guy on the title screen of Hatris http://www.gamesdatabase.org/Media/SYSTEM/Nintendo_NES/Title/big/Hatris_-_1992_-_Bullet-Proof_Software.jpg and Tim Allen home improvement nightcore remixes play from a loudspeaker. Furries line the street doing glowstick rave poi moves but sort of autistically. Someone crochets a b-52 bomber into a giant beer can, another crochets a MIG into many small beercans. There is a device like one of those t-shirt cannons but they create booths for real estate agencies that don't actually exist and are created by a neural network, just there for the a e s t h e t i c of local businesses trying to make a quick buck promoting themselves. You can throw baseballs and try to dunk a guy into a vat of ice water but the vat actually leads to a wackass crystal prison N64 game beta world. Shriners ride by in the go-kart things and still produce better IDM than most of WATMM

Archived