IGNORED

Detroit, now and in the future

arachnopus

any of you in Detroit this weekend?

stayed in friday night and regretted it.

texture saturday at marble bar with randomer, danny daze, dr rubinstein. met up w/elusive n'friends and snared it out.

no way back last night was oversold so hopefully next year we see a proper warehouse party. just home from night/day at el club, caught a cool set from dj minx. todd osborn at red bull stage this afternoon. wu tang on movement stage tonight.

anyone who comes thru the D at any point now or in the future, hmu. 

Ah shit, was supposed to make it down to demf this year. Got a good friend who lives right downtown so would have been easy too.

Will hyu random WATMMER.

• 8 months later...

Movement 2019 lineup has been announced. Lookin like a good year for the fest. Orbital, Tin Man, Josh Wink, Danny Brown, Danny Daze, Shigeto, Umfang, Nastia, DJ Tennis, the cavalcade of Detroit techno legends, and more.. and then there's Gucci Mane(?!) - take a peek. Afterparties are always plentiful and something for everyone. If anyone ends up rollin through the D this May, say hi.

https://www.movement.us/pages/lineup

post-20591-0-91818500-1549079340_thumb.png

post-20591-0-52999400-1549079353_thumb.png

post-20591-0-39764600-1549079364_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

So how does this work - can you get one-day passes the day of? I don't want to buy the pass cause I'll be leaving on Monday. I'll definitely go on Saturday, but the Sunday looks sexy as fuck too. So I might go on Sunday, might not. Any advice from the D?

I'm sure you will be able to get a day pass the day of. At least I used to have no problem. You may want to buy a pass for full festival and sell off Monday and come out ahead. (Depending how the passes work nowadays mind you). I'm old and washed up and don't bother with live events much anymore. Any young & hip watmmers from Detroit might provide more up to date info on the passes.

Online Pricing:

Weekend Pass is $200 + $19.21 service fee. ($219.21 + Tax for 3 days)

Day Pass is $85.00 + $15.79 service fee. ($201.58 + Tax for 2 days)

We have a 6% sales tax

Not sure if the price will be the same at the gates. But probably no service fee...

That's 20 bucks I could be spending on beer/drugs!

Can you sell on the passes? Aren't they like wristbands or whatever?

I was thinking Sunday might just be better to go to clubs around the area - isn't the case there are a bunch of great shows happening in conjunction with the main event?

I too am an old fart - but orbital live is a treat and I haven't seen them live for a looooooong time.

• 3 months later...

Anybody else in Detroit for this weekend? I'm going for all the other shows, not for Movement. Actress, Underground and Black, etc. If you're going, what other non-Movement events will you attend? 

Oh, and there's been an official mayoral proclamation: 

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 11.23.02 AM.png

Hanging at my friends place right above the venue, heading down to check out Josh Wink in a minute. Super excited. 

Great first day at movement. Even though their new album is mostly tat, orbital put on a great show. 

Didnt get away from the main stage much but the techno was banging all day. 

Also so saw a couple of chaps waking around in Aphex shirts, not many though. 

6 hours ago, chenGOD said:

Great first day at movement. Even though their new album is mostly tat, orbital put on a great show. 

Didnt get away from the main stage much but the techno was banging all day. 

Also so saw a couple of chaps waking around in Aphex shirts, not many though. 

Agreed, Orbital's set was full of their classic sound, strong nostalgic vibes for me. Wish I had a good recording of it, main stage sounded so good! Amelie Lens was just before, and she crushed it. Floated around most of the day, but caught the majority of Neil Landstrumm at the underground stage. Great energy. It's so weird to see mini-Coachella in Detroit, many absurd outfits in the crowd. I did see the Aphex shirts too lol.

17 hours ago, kattin2 said:

Agreed, Orbital's set was full of their classic sound, strong nostalgic vibes for me. Wish I had a good recording of it, main stage sounded so good! Amelie Lens was just before, and she crushed it. Floated around most of the day, but caught the majority of Neil Landstrumm at the underground stage. Great energy. It's so weird to see mini-Coachella in Detroit, many absurd outfits in the crowd. I did see the Aphex shirts too lol.

Yeah caught the opening 10 minutes and last hour of Amelie Lens (we dipped to my friends house to grab some more beers/weed, he lives in an apartment building close by) but it was pretty fantastic. Next year I'm going to make it for the full festival - great time, and although I was only high on weed, the euphoria I had throughout the day was such a wonderful reminder of the positivity of techno music.

Actress was fuckin' dope. 

Underground and Black packed the house at Mix Bricktown and was bumpin'. 

Mark Van Hoen at No Way Back was super chill. 

Techno brunch at some Irish Pub was weird but called for. 

Archived