IGNORED

eczem tracks

eczem

• 2 weeks later...

MMR 1.10 is so ominous.Dark atmo.

Thanks fxbip, glad you like that one. Might put it on an e.p.

____

Something old

https://soundcloud.com/eczem/pep-104/s-aJP0I

Something new, a true WIP. Any feedback on any aspect of it welcome. It's feeling a little sloshy and busy atm.

https://soundcloud.com/eczem/a007/s-JDN5f

edit: fixed link on the second one

Edited by eczem

I like that Pep track. Was maybe hoping for a little more in it but it's to the point which is good, but I like it as is, catchy melody and beat, really like the stick/snare. Snappy.

A007 was a little sloshy as you mentioned...I really like where it ends up, that last melody line is lovely (would love to see the sounds evolving a slight bit within the melody maybe?)...the big chord/pad underlying everything is nice but is maybe a little too big or too present, could maybe wait a little to bring it in? I dunno, just thinking tweaking that may help lighten up the piece overall. The swishy noisy stuff is not usually my cup of tea but it works alright here, maybe goes a little too much? Ultimately I like where the track ends up and I think the components are there but the story needs to be reworked maybe: instead of A>B>C>D it feels like BCBACB>D....if that makes any sense at all lol. 

Really appreciate the feedback auxien, thank you.

Yeah, Pep, is a couple years old, always intended it to be longer; was targeting an ep with Pr0gramma at the time,  never came to fruition. But yeah, i like it for what it is now.

re:A.007, I think you're right about the big chord and it's presence. With the noise modulation stuff, there's definitely a lot of room for me to play around with it. Story telling is definitely the toughest thing for me, easier for me to work on the sound design and mircostructural level, really hard to sculpt a big picture. Just to clarify, you're saying it should change from A>B>C>D to BCBACB>D right? Or was it the other way around?

Obviously it's kind of a mess structurally to me as well at the moment lol

Really appreciate the feedback auxien, thank you.

Yeah, Pep, is a couple years old, always intended it to be longer; was targeting an ep with Pr0gramma at the time,  never came to fruition. But yeah, i like it for what it is now.

re:A.007, I think you're right about the big chord and it's presence. With the noise modulation stuff, there's definitely a lot of room for me to play around with it. Story telling is definitely the toughest thing for me, easier for me to work on the sound design and mircostructural level, really hard to sculpt a big picture. Just to clarify, you're saying it should change from A>B>C>D to BCBACB>D right? Or was it the other way around?

Obviously it's kind of a mess structurally to me as well at the moment lol

Sorry, I was being a little quick writing earlier, I meant right now it feels a bit jumbled for most but ends nicely (BCBACBAC>D) but imo would benefit from a little bit of a tightening or structure or story track (A>B>C>D obviously that's oversimplified) of some sort :) I know it's still a WIP of course just my first impression. Sounds and melody and vibe is all there tho

dude... that sounds so fucking cool. showed it to a mate and he said it sounded like oversteps having sex with confield lol

Probably the highest praise imaginable, ty.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, definitely my most D-form track ever lol. I wonder what he'll think.

@Mokz, thanks man.

Edit: lol beat me to it

Edited by eczem

^lol, would love to do that actually

the track sounds pretty sick. isn't there any label that can release your music to a greater audience?

Thanks man. Not sure. I've never really been satisfied with my output. Maybe i should try.

Or maybe we need to start our own...

=D

I've been re-reading The Expanse novels and listening to pr8hXgn1 while going through Miller's sections.

It seems to fit. Knowing what happens to him...

='D

=D

I've been re-reading The Expanse novels and listening to pr8hXgn1 while going through Miller's sections.

It seems to fit. Knowing what happens to him...

='D

Awesome, man glad that track works in that mode. I should try reading to it sometime lol.

Never read the expanse, but heard good things about it.

I definitely need to get my shit together and put some stuff on bandcamp.  I a little self-conscious about poor mixing, but it's probably not going to get solved with my current monitoring anyway.

that first track is some gnarly shit, love how the main synths go up and down.

Sweet, thank you. Kind of wish that one was a little shorter in the middle and got to the down pitching at the end sooner.

Something new, a true WIP. Any feedback on any aspect of it welcome. It's feeling a little sloshy and busy atm.

https://soundcloud.com/eczem/a007/s-JDN5f

i really like this one. especially the wwwwooooowww sounds and how they fit with the rest. extremely ear bathing loveliness, it's relaxing :) (i'm not too good at wide focusing on the story either, small details and general vibe is what i usually notice fwiw.. so not very useful feedback but.. i could listen to an hour of this..)