IGNORED

eczem tracks

eczem

sounds really good

how do you come up with the rhythms?

Everything I've been doing with MMR for rhythm and sequencing is (what i imagine is) super basic stuff in Max. For this one, as well as 16&16B, i'm using a step sequencer for the drums, and a markov chain on the synth (c minor, but it's almost irrelevant cause the melody rarely comes through). The variation comes from tempo multipliers, and weighted probability on a set of BPM tempos.

Some of the others like 11,13,14 had some variation on pitch and decay of the drum hits as well. MMR 2 - 15 used probability on the actual time in milliseconds between notes rather than using a step sequencer.

You'll notice with MMR that there's a lot of micro variation, but at the macro level it's essentially static. I'm working on fixing that. Or I'm supposed to be but instead i just keep jamming (as if i'm still banging on pots and pans cause I'm too lazy to put my new drum set together).

sounds nifty to me. actually I like tracks that don't have that many changes in its macrostructure but a lot of microstructural changes. that can create an intense immersion

Yeah, I like both approaches and everything in between; sudden scene changes and gradual evolutions. I just want to be able to do all of the above.

oversteppy track is oversteppy. really nice!

Thanks dude, worked out pretty well for a one track, one take jam. A few flaws i don't like, but w/e.

Nice ever changing alien soundscape. I listened to this while reading. It's very good to actively listen but at the same time isn't intrusive when listening in the background

Success. This track actually started out where i just wanted to run a synth in the background while i was doing something else, then i got dragged in lol.

really like these two. opening to eidolon really grabs you and the watery shimmering thing really runs through but evolves in a sophisticated way.

Thanks man, glad you like them. Eidolon came together pretty quickly, but I think it's a keeper.

really like these two. opening to eidolon really grabs you and the watery shimmering thing really runs through but evolves in a sophisticated way.

Thanks man, glad you like them. Eidolon came together pretty quickly, but I think it's a keeper.

for sure. for these ones, I appreciate that there is improvisation / in the moment kind thing, but I dunno, I subscribe to write drunk edit sober so it always seems worthwhile to come back to stuff with a fresh look

for sure. for these ones, I appreciate that there is improvisation / in the moment kind thing, but I dunno, I subscribe to write drunk edit sober so it always seems worthwhile to come back to stuff with a fresh look

Yeah, I totally agree. Much of what i've done in the last few months has been very 'in the moment' and improvisational, with a lot of one take experiments, etc, using a few different approches; the good thing is most of it is very re-approachable, modify-able and editable (and jesus/lucifer help me, remixable). I'm actually looking forward to improving some of this stuff for a release sometime in the future.

Both are very interesting tracks. The second one for some reason reminds me on Untitled. Not even sure why, it's unlike any of the tracks on that EP but somehow my brain made this association. First track is pretty nice too. Flows nicely and is accessible while not being too catchy, also Autechre vibes

• 2 weeks later...

These are all so fucking badass.

=D

Shoot man, thank you. Glad people are enjoying some of my stuff, old and new; it definitely motivates me to create more.

https://soundcloud.com/eczem/sets/contingency-plans

Posted a couple of my older tracks, part of a larger upcoming release/dump of hours of my older material.

nice atmospheres and bit-crushing , if a bit too distorted for my taste in the bass department, cool idmz nevertheless  :cool: .

Thanks for listening. Plan B is 12 years old now, so my approach was a little different then. Although i still don't know how to mix, so at least there's that constant.

• 2 weeks later...

A little something, maybe nothing.

https://soundcloud.com/eczem/rm_1

This rm-1 track really could be something. I'd love to hear this expanded upon and given life. 

A couple people have said this, maybe i'll revisit it and expand it.

I dig the noise track. Very nice textures

Thanks dude. Honestly couldn't tell if it was interesting or shite.