IGNORED

eczem tracks

eczem

Something new, a true WIP. Any feedback on any aspect of it welcome. It's feeling a little sloshy and busy atm.

https://soundcloud.com/eczem/a007/s-JDN5f

i really like this one. especially the wwwwooooowww sounds and how they fit with the rest. extremely ear bathing loveliness, it's relaxing :) (i'm not too good at wide focusing on the story either, small details and general vibe is what i usually notice fwiw.. so not very useful feedback but.. i could listen to an hour of this..)

sweet, thanks man. I just appreciate that you enjoyed the sounds.

I've weirdly got a second/different wip track now, a bit darker, that grew out of this one, i'll send it on SC.

definitely channeling some OPN on Odd To My Shin. loike it.

Thanks man; one of my recent tangents. Was trying to think about the larger structure, which is difficult for me, without focusing on sound design or note placement.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I'm getting those OPN vibes too - which is - unique .

When are u going to collate some tracks for a release of some kind ?

Thanks Stick. A release is definitely on the horizon. Maybe more than one. Trying to decide what i want to do exactly.

Other things getting in the way also.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting but not my thing at all if I'm honest. Just too glitchy for my tastes. Sorry man. No doubt you'll hate my stuff lol.

All good TheBro. I like a variety, but have been moving in a glitchy direction I suppose. 

I don't hate your stuff, but yeah, not quite adventurous enough for me ;)

I listened to ndy_prate very loudly, much louder than I listen to music most of the time and it filled my room with sound beautifully. i like how clear yet warm and organic everything sounds even at its harshest and most difficult moments. the reverb is very balanced, kinda dry and wet sounding at the same time.it's like some modern interpretation of freejazz

listened to the second track at same volume. again a very nice balance of dry and wet sounds and interesting progressions. definitely the sort of ambient that wakes you up from the trance from time to time by interesting sonic surprises

I listened to ndy_prate very loudly, much louder than I listen to music most of the time and it filled my room with sound beautifully. i like how clear yet warm and organic everything sounds even at its harshest and most difficult moments. the reverb is very balanced, kinda dry and wet sounding at the same time.it's like some modern interpretation of freejazz

listened to the second track at same volume. again a very nice balance of dry and wet sounds and interesting progressions. definitely the sort of ambient that wakes you up from the trance from time to time by interesting sonic surprises

Yeah, ndy_prate definitely has some harsh elements throughout... probably could use better mixing but not really sure to mix sounds that are all over the place. I always appreciate the feedback Darrel C. Hungstorm... freejazz comparison is high praise. Definitely some free improv'-ish approach to a good amount of what i've been doing lately.

@reverb, glad you think i'ts balanced cause my usual reverb vst is not working so i've been settling for another that I'm not totally happy with.I am often going for a sweet spot thats not too wet or dry, not always sure it works out that way.

Edited by eczem

dunny, the harsh parts sound intentional and are still within reasonable and enjoyable range

as for mixing a complex mess of sounds, adaptive EQs might be a good choice. just recently discovered a tool called smartEQ which constantly changes the EQ curve in a way that the sound approaches the spectrum of pink noise and you can adjust the speed at which it does that. kinda hit and miss if it improves the sound but can be useful

@dform, yeah, i'll have to check that out. used a multiband compressor to mixed results as well...

___

found a nord drum 1 in a bag. here is the thing, with god frond prophet '08:

https://soundcloud.com/eczem/n0rd-dnp/s-nkOdu

Edited by eczem

Lady Luck visited me late last night and performed unspeakable acts upon me. She was one of those super-freaks but super fucking insane... you know what I'm talking about it. Also, her name was Cecilia.

Happy accident. zero effort, aside from the composition of the input file.

gotta listen to the whole thing at some point (maybe before/while napping) but the little that I've heard of it sounds really good. There should me more music like this

Yeah, i listened to the whole thing a couple of times... works okay in the napping/ non-active context... pretty bad for active listening. I think the transitions are too slow and mostly at the same rate. Better results with better effort, potentially.

Good stuff eczem! Would work great as soundtrack for generative images/new age meditation techniques/432 hz pineal cleanse :)

There should be more music like this

agreed

Hey thanks for the kind words, Claudius. Yes, my aim to is to open up watmm's third eye through sound waves  :wink:.

Thinking about an early E.P release soon on bandcamp; might throw cec/particular in as a bonus track... not sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Lady Luck visited me late last night and performed unspeakable acts upon me. She was one of those super-freaks but super fucking insane... you know what I'm talking about it. Also, her name was Cecilia.

Happy accident. zero effort, aside from the composition of the input file.

Yay! A very good one.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...