IGNORED

Aphex Twin at Funkhaus, Berlin (1st November 2018)

jasondonervan

It's more of a Berlin thing than any one artists personal choice. "Berlin is all like about being in the moment man". I quite like it though. Mobile phones are just another shit marketing conspiracy tool.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's more of a Berlin thing than any one artists personal choice. "Berlin is all like about being in the moment man". I quite like it though. Mobile phones are just another shit marketing conspiracy tool.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I love the fact that you wrote this post on mobile phone  :duckhunt:

In which part of Berlin would you guys recommend renting an hotel room / Airbnb ? Me and my GF will be around for a couple of days, landing a few hours before the gig, and want to enjoy the city as much as possible. I've been to Berlin before, something like 10 years ago, loved the city instantly, but have no clue where to stay. Thanks!

apparently security at funkhaus puts stickers over your phone's camera and microphone upon entry  :cattears:  :catsob:

:catrage: 

Yeah like said, this is pretty much a Berlin thing.  Pretty much any club will make you put stickers over your cameras.  I've seen people having sex in a club no problem, people take drugs in the toilets without any problems, but you take your phone out to take a picture and you're pretty much guaranteed to get trouble.

In which part of Berlin would you guys recommend renting an hotel room / Airbnb ? Me and my GF will be around for a couple of days, landing a few hours before the gig, and want to enjoy the city as much as possible. I've been to Berlin before, something like 10 years ago, loved the city instantly, but have no clue where to stay. Thanks!

Where are you landing, Schönefeld or Tegel?  I would probably recommend trying to get somewhere near Ostkreuz.  The 21 Tram goes from there to right near the venue in about 15/20 mins.  Plus there's an S-Bahn from Schönefeld direct to Ostkreuz in about 25 mins.  There's some nice bars in the area, plus you've got good enough connections to Kreuzberg and Friedrichshain.  Friedrichshain itself is a good place to stay, lots of bars, few parks and generally a busy vibe going on most days of the week.

Still lolling that 60€ is overpriced to y’all... that is pretty typical for a bigger act in the US. Kraftwerk in 2014 was 75 USD, Sigur Ros in 2016 was 90 USD for nosebleed seats. David Byrne this year was 110 USD for first mezzanine. For Aphex? I would probably easily pay more than any of those. You are spoiled, so just enjoy it!

That's pretty crazy prices. I guess that's why I prefer doing festivals. Bangface is 4 days and £180, full of top quality acts all the way down the lineup.

@b born droid: thank you so much! We land at Tegel (flying from France via Frankfurt).

Ok. That's still not so bad. It's a bit further away but you'll have to pass through Ostkreuz/Friedrichshain anyway on your way to the gig from Tegel so would still recommend staying in that area.

oh hell i can't believe i will be there with this incredible line up!!! see you all there!

the sticker thing is a shame. i mean i dont necessarily NEED to take pics and vids. but what if you meet some of the acts and ask them for a photo?

Vibert is a fantastic DJ, saw him twice IIRC, and it was like he had acid versions of each and every track, as if he could add a 303 line to any tune no matter the original genre.

Really looking forward to seing Dopplereffekt live too.

Paradox is more of a jungle/d'n'b producer, right?

Yeah. Paradox plays dnb/jungle live with Amiga, Akai samplers and other bits. He's great live.

Vibert is a fantastic DJ, saw him twice IIRC, and it was like he had acid versions of each and every track, as if he could add a 303 line to any tune no matter the original genre.

Really looking forward to seing Dopplereffekt live too.

rich stated once that he's a big fan of paradox and that he has some of the best drum editing (he also plays his tracks a lot in his sets, maybe this time not when paradox is there ;-) )

i read this sticker thing only about berghain, you have a source they do this at funkhaus? if mobiles are prohibited i wouldn't take the camera out, who knows, maybe someone kicks you out, way too risky!

it's not about the concert itself, i don't need to take pictures or whatever. in fact i think it's a good idea so that you stop focussing on that thing and dance away. maybe just wanted to send a small clip to my wife to give her an impression of where i am :-D... the problem is more: what if you meet the artists and ask them for a picture? would be sad not to have the possibility...

Archived