Sign in to follow this  
jasondonervan

Aphex Twin at Funkhaus, Berlin (1st November 2018)

Good ear

Actually I knew he played it in Finland but not the title, someone on reddit finally solved it :-).

Heard that Richard got somewhere around $300k for this gig. Probably gets $500k-$1mm for the big festivals. 

Cool story bro.

On 5/20/2019 at 8:54 AM, parameter said:

Heard that Richard got somewhere around $300k for this gig. Probably gets $500k-$1mm for the big festivals. 

I don't know how that would be possible. I'm no good at judging sizes of crowds, but there couldn't have been more than a thousand people there (I would guess there was less than five hundred people there, but let's say so for this here calculation):

$300 000 / 1 000 people = $300 per person

I paid 70€ for the ticket and spent an additional 22€ on beer, let's say the average person spent 100€ (There was no merch on sale that I saw). Let's say $1 is roughly 1€.

Each punter spends $100, but they pay $300 for Richard, so that's a loss of $200 per visitor, and that's before paying for venue, staff, the other artists, advertising...

I don't know why I did this instead of getting five minutes extra sleep tonight but there you have it. 😛

Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2019 at 2:59 PM, Parsifal said:

I don't know how that would be possible. I'm no good at judging sizes of crowds, but there couldn't have been more than a thousand people there (I would guess there was less than five hundred people there, but let's say so for this here calculation):

$300 000 / 1 000 people = $300 per person

I paid 70€ for the ticket and spent an additional 22€ on beer, let's say the average person spent 100€ (There was no merch on sale that I saw). Let's say $1 is roughly 1€.

Each punter spends $100, but they pay $300 for Richard, so that's a loss of $200 per visitor, and that's before paying for venue, staff, the other artists, advertising...

I don't know why I did this instead of getting five minutes extra sleep tonight but there you have it. 😛

There was 6,000 - 8,000 people there, from what I was told. 

Edited by parameter

20 hours ago, parameter said:

There was 6,000 - 8,000 people there, from what I was told. 

Am I really that bad at judging crowd sizes? That number is like if everyone from my home town was at that show. I'm just going to shut up, I'm probably only embarrassing myself 😛

But yes, if there where 8,000 people there then if you redo my "calculations" then they would instead be making a ~$62 profit from each visitor (before you subtract for staff, venue, other artists etc).

Funkhausanomics