IGNORED

Aphex Twin at Funkhaus, Berlin (1st November 2018)

jasondonervan

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is there a timetable yet? I only found this: 6:30 PM – 11:59 PM on facebook. Any of you guys know if you can leave the location during the concert and return? 

Hard to tell. Each venue is different and I've never been to Funkhaus.

18:00 - DOORS

19:00 - LUCA LOZANO

20:30 - DOPPLEREFFEKT

21.30 - PARADOX

23.00 - APHEX TWIN

00.30 - LUKE VIBERT

02:00 - SKEE MASK

That line up is fucking ridiculous.  €70 was kinda expensive but at the same time looking at it now it's totally worth it.

space hall and hardwax my personal favs. theres generally loads though around Kreuzberg.  Schneiders is a must if you are sysnthesizer inclined. 

edit: hardwax and Schneiders are close by each other so i generally subject my better half to that. theres a market down there and some nice shops these days so she doesnt mind too much.

Edit 2: Food in Berlin has come a long way in the last few years. One of my favourite things about the place now im an old git

space hall and hardwax my personal favs. theres generally loads though around Kreuzberg. Schneiders is a must if you are sysnthesizer inclined.

edit: hardwax and Schneiders are close by each other so i generally subject my better half to that. theres a market down there and some nice shops these days so she doesnt mind too much.

Edit 2: Food in Berlin has come a long way in the last few years. One of my favourite things about the place now im an old git

Thanks!

apparently there's a trve german shitstorm going on over on FB. Ppl are super pissed about pretty much everything about tonite being completely different from how they imagined it would be (venue, lineup, schedule, "concert" vs "DJ gig", transport, not being able to go to "work" tomorrow, literally everything). I dont care, I bought my ticket so fast I didnt really have to imagine anything...

Like, if you really want to see Aphex Twin and don't want a hangover in the morning / can't do without drinking/drugs, take Friday off work?

John Digweed's Bedrock club night used to be the first Thursday of the month in London, which was a great way of sifting out the softies and leaving a hardcore collective.  It was still rammed every month though.

apparently there's a trve german shitstorm going on over on FB. Ppl are super pissed about pretty much everything about tonite being completely different from how they imagined it would be (venue, lineup, schedule, "concert" vs "DJ gig", transport, not being able to go to "work" tomorrow, literally everything). I dont care, I bought my ticket so fast I didnt really have to imagine anything...

lol @ aphex 'fans' getting mad because they found out its 'just' a DJ gig

WHICH IS WHAT HE ALWAYS DOES

lololol

lol @ aphex 'fans' getting mad because they found out its 'just' a DJ gig

WHICH IS WHAT HE ALWAYS DOES

lololol

Well... depends if he's DJing his own music vs doing a set where he plays whatever he wants from other artists... I know I would have a problem with that if it were the case.

That's insane, everyone selling the ticket and writing stuff like "funkhaus thieves aphex was supposed to play live from 8PM to midnight and now is just a dj set"

Just because initial timing on the FB event was 8.00 - 0.00

If someone is complaining about rdj playing not his music I can give a link to 1991 Rome gig footage. Either someone is a newbie to afx mixes or a complete ignorant idiot. Eot.

Also I do believe he already experimented with sandpaper in that one as well...

Archived