IGNORED

Aphex Twin at Funkhaus, Berlin (1st November 2018)

jasondonervan

When has he DJ'd just his own music?

(Probably not in 15+ years if at all?)

Yeah, it's been quite some time. I think somewhere between 2003-2006 is when he started to move away from predominantly dj'ing his own material. Personally, for me, I'm fine with the current format of him dropping other artist's tunes and having a few of his tracks lightly peppered throughout the sets. I'm gonna guess that the bulk of the complaints/people selling their tickets are from Aphex fans that aren't particularly big fans of DJ shows/techno,DnB, and the electronic music scene in general. If that's the case, I can understand the disappointment, but just wish people could be a bit more open-minded as they may still end up having more fun than they previously thought and may even discover something new that they fall in love with. Aside from Aphex, that lineup is impeccable. It's a shame people are jumping ship so quickly from this.  :sad:

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone catching the free bus from ostkreuz? Wondering how the service will be running...

I'm on it now, lol!

Every 10 minutes from the bus station directly in front of Ostkreuz, and it's real comfy too!

Just got here. No merch section in sight

Well that is definitely not what I was hoping to hear. Keep looking for one, I’m sure there’s one in there somewheres

gaffer tape your drugs to your shaved nutsack!

I'm not sure about Berlin, is it one of those places you can neck and snort class A's at the bar? Because I've always been led to believe it's some sort of wild, bohemian, any-thing-goes type of place. But I'm a bit sceptical such places exist nowadays in modern city centres.

gaffer tape your drugs to your shaved nutsack!

I'm not sure about Berlin, is it one of those places you can neck and snort class A's at the bar? Because I've always been led to believe it's some sort of wild, bohemian, any-thing-goes type of place. But I'm a bit sceptical such places exist nowadays in modern city centres.

My experience with berlin and parties in germany in general is that security going in is very strict but as soon as you're inside you're turned loose and things are not too strict. Although literally snorting anything of a bar would be justly frowned upon I think, gives off the wrong kind of vibe imho, necking/snorting on the dancefloor otoh is fine.  

Incredibly jealous of all you cunts who'll be there tonight. Hope it's as amazing as it should be.

When has he DJ'd just his own music?

(Probably not in 15+ years if at all?)

Uh, perhaps we should define "DJ", because just about every performance he's ever done is a DJ set, no? I mean, he's not performing his music, he's just playing them back, mixed and tweaked to his liking. To me, that's a DJ set. Day for Night was a DJ set. Fight me.

I was at BIME where he dropped precisely no afx tunes but still had a good night altho bit disappointed 

Hilarious reading all the divas on FB who thought they were going to a concert, wish I was in Berlin now seem to be a lot of tickets available near the venue 

Have fun ppl

i recorded aphex's set :catrecline: . uploading now..

where is it / also how was it recorded? hope you had a blast!!!

youtube.com/whylessness. upside down iPhone 8 in the pocket of my flannel. sound quality is OK.

sick, can’t wait to listen. thanks for this!

Holy fucking shit! U Holy fucking guys! This was maybe the best afx set ive ever atended! 90 percent atounoumous live music, (as far as i can recognize) and bout 5 afx tracks, mixed realy realy Nice into it, vordhosbn, that crazy rough track of deejay selek, (i think b1) an YES that was definatly a new version of the elephant song.... Jesus christ.... that was SO awesome! Fuck. Fuck. SHEISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck

Goddamn

Yes

So very different from anything last year

Archived