IGNORED

Aphex Twin at Funkhaus, Berlin (1st November 2018)

jasondonervan

Highlight of the night: slow version of Vordhosbn

NAAAAH! Man! Definatly NOT the highlight! What ur talking about? ?A full set of random madness! Vordhosbn was really Freaky cool mixed at the end there, Butt not the higlight man

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The instagram vid is AQXDM - "Ballad 002" (without the synth part). I have no idea about the second video. Saw some speculation over on reddit that it could be a new Aphex Twin track. Of course, that's the typical go-to explanation when Richard drops an unidentifiable tune.

NAAAAH! Man! Definatly NOT the highlight! What ur talking about? ?A full set of random madness! Vordhosbn was really Freaky cool mixed at the end there, Butt not the higlight man
Oh you poor innocent child. It was a fab set..but mostly other folks tracks...elephant song was not a new version...just mixed well. Few similar trscks too bilbao. I recorded too on ipod plus zoom but cant uplosd as no laptop this trip. Turin tnrw! Btw his set too 25 mins to start due to tech issues or else he had an extra lo g opener.. Outer limits samples. His son/partner was there like in bilbao. 2hr set.. luke was a perfect followup with more afx tracks. I missed skee mask as wanted to avoid traffic but he stsrted off banging right after luke. Props! Paradox was fun... at airport for torino. No richie ?

5000 minimum.

Damn that was brutal, so f’ing intense. I knew Richard played loud... but I’d never thought it’d be that loud. I’m glad I bought I bought some nice ear plugs for me and my GF, we’d have been deaf today otherwise.

What were these tracks in the beginning (roughly during the 1st 30 minutes) ? Sounded quite live, modular jam-like (like the last 15 minutes)... proper future bangers. Aside from the obvious RDJ tracks, I believe I’ve heard some Lanark Artefak? Would love to see the tracklist anyway.

That was my 1st one : wanted to go to the Rephlex Rome Assault years and years ago but couldn’t make it. Wanted to attend his Parisian sets (Palais de Tokyo, Cité de la musique, Pitchwork Fest) but couldn’t. Same goes for Field Days... Hopefully Funkhaus won’t be my last one ;)

I was lucky enough in the past to open for Mike P and SP, to see Ae 3 times... but seeing RDJ live was #1 on my IDM bucketlist. Best B-Day present ever :)

Oh you poor innocent child. It was a fab set..but mostly other folks tracks...elephant song was not a new version...just mixed well. Few similar trscks too bilbao. I recorded too on ipod plus zoom but cant uplosd as no laptop this trip. Turin tnrw! Btw his set too 25 mins to start due to tech issues or else he had an extra lo g opener.. Outer limits samples. His son/partner was there like in bilbao. 2hr set.. luke was a perfect followup with more afx tracks. I missed skee mask as wanted to avoid traffic but he stsrted off banging right after luke. Props! Paradox was fun... at airport for torino. No richie ?

Na man, I think it was a LOT of random Fuckery bliss, escpecialy that first 45 minutes. Im Not a music expert. Butt i think people will have a lot of trouble ID,ing those traxxxx

Personal highlight the ravey track off ABB3. the 13 year old me was so fucking chuffed with that.

If it is "mixing" he and whoever his mystery partner is have created a new was of DJing too. Elephant song 2018 or their DJing rocks.

Didn't think I'd like paradox but it seemed like a big British fuck you to all the ubercoolishe German techno shit. Spot on butty bach. Have that on your hot dog. ( Still a bit pissed it seems)

Edit: want an Amiga now

I love that Aphex twin is actually a "they" now when refering to a live set at least too. All the people who say him are now officially wrong. It's "they" like the people who don't know about Aphex say.

I might have been too pissed by that point but when I looked at the DJ box I didn't think it looked like Luke. I think it was Skee mask after Aphex. I black out not long after that tho so I'm not 100%

vibert dropped fenix funk and cordialatron?

I remember him playing Fenix Funk, Didgeridoo and some other Analord track. That's nice of him when Aphex is the headliner and probably the biggest draw for people coming last night.

I might have been too pissed by that point but when I looked at the DJ box I didn't think it looked like Luke. I think it was Skee mask after Aphex. I black out not long after that tho so I'm not 100%

It was definitely Luke Vibert after Aphex :)

It felt like he had to cut his performance short though because everyone was running behind schedule and I guess that Skee Mask wouldn't have had time to play at all otherwise. Which was the biggest bummer of the night, I was having such a good time while he was playing!

Archived