IGNORED

Kanye West - ye

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is ridiculous why is he not just clearing the samples WHY ???

also lol at stealing samples from an experimental Label like PAN , i cant imagine Kayne listening to their stuff for one sec.

He did buy that photo of Whitney Houston's bathroom for the Pusha T EP last week, so maybe he was a touch skint for cash? :emotawesomepm9:

I hope PAN sues the fuck out of him. Not because I'm legit with any samples I ever use but because fuck Kanye :)

aphex had to get lawyers involved for that track kanye sampled. he just thinks he's god and can do whatever he wants. he's a cunt

So he used a sample, who in the fuck cares

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J330F met Tapatalk

yeah exactly. they'll get a fat settlement, it's kanye as if he doesn't have the money lol

and the statement the pan ppl put out made em look like dorks, write a damn essay about it waahh

Money vs artistic integrity. "Yeh I'll just steal this and pay later, that makes it alright." In what world is that alright? Art hush money lol.

The absolute vast majority of his fans will not ever know it was sampled from somewhere and will continue buying into this "Kanye's a genius" bullshit thinking he produced it himself. 

Plain and simple, you don't steal other peoples shit and pay later. 

Amazing advertising for Pan. They should be paying Ye. 

kind of, you guys are autistic (again) and assumes everybody knows what the heck some record label called PAN is

I mean it's ok to be autistic but also people on the internet that run under the assumption some random people are going to know some obscure autism term that was coined like 3 years ago like everyone else in the world is constantly reading up on that stuff, is another level of autism

I don't remember the exact term I was confused about, I thought they were saying like 'first person language' versus third person, like if some autistic people talk like "Jimmy can jump" not sure. But it wasn't that at all it was like 'first adjective-conjunctive claymation barista language' (not really) but whatever it was it was sort of brain-melting why someone would assume everyone knows what the term means. I don't even think first person vs. third person would occur to the common layman

i think you explained it well. 

idk i really don't think it's a big enough deal to get mad about. yeah he should have sorted it out beforehand ofc but he's friggin kanye he's completely in his own world. again it doesn't make it ok but it does explain a hell of a lot. i don't think it's malicious, just ignorant.

I think you're right, it's probably not malicious but ignorant. 

I mean, what if this whole time someone was skimming tracks off watmmers and passing them off as their own, and then when caught just paid everyone out? I don't think being at a different level of fame makes it any less wrong and in fact makes it worse. My take is basically the more famous you are, whether you're celebrity or politician or whatever, the more responsibility you take on for such things as integrity, honesty, etc. Otherwise you're kind of a shit role model and shit person.

:shrug:

Otherwise you're kind of a shit role model and shit person.

:shrug:

I think Kanye is a shit role model and a shit person, and any fascination with the Kardashian klan is equally retarded. But he did make good tracks before so I'll give him that. Fame is bad 4 U

How mediocre can you be and still have a posse fawning over you like you’re a genius? Maybe that’s the artistry, like with fashion designers making ugly dad shoes that cost $500 that people line up to buy.

Amazing advertising for Pan. They should be paying Ye. 

kind of, you guys are autistic (again) and assumes everybody knows what the heck some record label called PAN is

I mean it's ok to be autistic but also people on the internet that run under the assumption some random people are going to know some obscure autism term that was coined like 3 years ago like everyone else in the world is constantly reading up on that stuff, is another level of autism

I don't remember the exact term I was confused about, I thought they were saying like 'first person language' versus third person, like if some autistic people talk like "Jimmy can jump" not sure. But it wasn't that at all it was like 'first adjective-conjunctive claymation barista language' (not really) but whatever it was it was sort of brain-melting why someone would assume everyone knows what the term means. I don't even think first person vs. third person would occur to the common layman

i think you explained it well. 

lol was kind of trolling but also like if there is that culture in the UK, Squarepusher Aphex, the more normal guys like Massive Attack just say whatever, they can use my music in an ad or a movie trailer because it's a double win, I'll get some cash and the occasional person will search what the heck the song was. It's like people follow dream logic and the dream logic hasn't caught up with the whole "Google exists" aspect yet

not sure if that PAN label is located in America or not

I don't like the label pan but I identify with it lol

Its based in Berlin.

I dont want to get too into this conversation, especially as I have no interest in listening to the album this thread is about.  But I I feel like Kouligas' (of PAN) statement is warranted and necessary. Its far from "free publicity". What- so he can get a few extra crumbs from spotify streams from the 0.001% of kanye fans who saw an article and will listen to the song in question?

Imagine you run an experimental label, it probably takes a good amount of work to just stay afloat, pay your artists, etc.  Then someone with nearly unlimited means and a fuck all attitude repurposes your artists work without credit.  I think when a work is financially stratospheric (ye), and absolutley within its budget to clear the sample with proper royalties, one has to do so, otherwise you really do just 'work for' the kanyes of the world

Its based in Berlin.

I dont want to get too into this conversation, especially as I have no interest in listening to the album this thread is about.  But I I feel like Kouligas' (of PAN) statement is warranted and necessary. Its far from "free publicity". What- so he can get a few extra crumbs from spotify streams from the 0.001% of kanye fans who saw an article and will listen to the song in question?

Imagine you run an experimental label, it probably takes a good amount of work to just stay afloat, pay your artists, etc.  Then someone with nearly unlimited means and a fuck all attitude repurposes your artists work without credit.  I think when a work is financially stratospheric (ye), and absolutley within its budget to clear the sample with proper royalties, one has to do so, otherwise you really do just 'work for' the kanyes of the world

yes. well said. 

it's not a big deal for him to handle it the right way. he has people. he can get someone to do it for him. seems like the least he could do to help someone who's not living in that rare air that he is. what's that saying about dropping a ladder? i forget. 

Its based in Berlin.

Exactly. The simplistic idea that all publicity is good is soulless. For some making music isnt a parasitic hunt for zeitgeist. 

fine if you don't like kanye's personallity and the ye album sounds like a mediocre life of pablo extra i agree but just a week ago he released a great pusha t album and next week we get another kanye and later then we get one he made for nas, the emperor is buttnaked.? on my hairy ass, no he ain't, he makes great music

and that PAN dude just looks stupid, get yo money duffle bag boy, i hope he doesn't have to clear all the samples on his label cause there's prob over a million on there

*is over 30 and makes fun of new kanye without listening to it*

i've never liked his voice. ever. i thought he was a good producer and should've stayed that way because i found all his lyrics and his flow to just be annoying and dumb. it might as well be Robert Plant on the mic.  he's awful..  good producer though.. sometimes. 

i've never liked his voice. ever. i thought he was a good producer and should've stayed that way because i found all his lyrics and his flow to just be annoying and dumb. it might as well be Robert Plant on the mic.  he's awful..  good producer though.. sometimes. 

cheers ignatius, god of dank memes!

i used to hate kanye in the past, but i have grown to love most of his records and i just like his love for hiphop/music, his cringe toilet humor and the "i do what i want, fuck you" punk attitude

he seems to be making music just cause he loves it and that's why he gets a fat thumb up from me no mather what

cheers ignatius, god of dank memes!

i used to hate kanye in the past, but i have grown to love most of his records and i just like his love for hiphop/music, his cringe toilet humor and the "i do what i want, fuck you" punk attitude

he seems to be making music just cause he loves it and that's why he gets a fat thumb up from me no mather what

it's all memes once ya get passed the surface. 

kanye is kinda hilarious. he's like a dictator w/o a country.  

i confess i don't know his stuff well enough to be passionate about it in any way. i was turned off early and never went back because by then he personally was irritating and it bothered me the way people who seemed to have just got their first Beats headphones thought he was a genius. kanye did the rest by being kanye. 

*shakes fist at cloud

Its based in Berlin.

Exactly. The simplistic idea that all publicity is good is soulless. For some making music isnt a parasitic hunt for zeitgeist. 

Reminds me of that Weeknd sample of Portishead. It's the principle of the thing. IIRC the thing about the Kanye sample of Aphex Twin in the past was the fact that Kanye's camp was so fucking arrogant about owning the rights to RDJ's music. It's not just the behemoth of corporate media doing whatever the fuck they want, it's exacerbated by the fact that Kanye gets lauded by default as some kind of genius. 

Ll5eRbH.jpg

flol

https://twitter.com/andthelights/status/1002667912765665280

So supposedly the guy who actually sampled it is kinda being lame about it? Credit that he owned up to it I guess, just doesn't seem to be the best way of going about it. Can't imagine what was going through his head sampling some shit for a Kanye album without clearing it, and acting like oops afterwards when legal action starts being thrown around.

So supposedly the guy who actually sampled it is kinda being lame about it? Credit that he owned up to it I guess, just doesn't seem to be the best way of going about it. Can't imagine what was going through his head sampling some shit for a Kanye album without clearing it, and acting like oops afterwards when legal action starts being thrown around.

Kanye has all of GOOD Music, Def Jam and a gorillian dollars behind him and you expect the producer who's just flipping beats for him to be the one doing sample clearance and legal stuff? For a beat he doesn't even know if it's going to be on the record or tossed in the trash bin?

its kanyes album

he has how many lawyers bto make sure its all legit?

he should take the rap

take any instrumental off a PAN release and put a trap beat behind it

wa la cutting edge biter music for fawning journos

Archived