IGNORED

Kanye West - ye

https://twitter.com/andthelights/status/1002667912765665280

So supposedly the guy who actually sampled it is kinda being lame about it? Credit that he owned up to it I guess, just doesn't seem to be the best way of going about it. Can't imagine what was going through his head sampling some shit for a Kanye album without clearing it, and acting like oops afterwards when legal action starts being thrown around.

lol how fking lame is this ? like ups i added this beat from another artist 2 sec before the mastering i hope nobody discovers it hihihi its going to sell only a few million dollars and kayne gets worshiped even more but i bet this pan guys dont care about that anywaays.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://twitter.com/andthelights/status/1002667912765665280

So supposedly the guy who actually sampled it is kinda being lame about it? Credit that he owned up to it I guess, just doesn't seem to be the best way of going about it. Can't imagine what was going through his head sampling some shit for a Kanye album without clearing it, and acting like oops afterwards when legal action starts being thrown around.

lol how fking lame is this ? like ups i added this beat from another artist 2 sec before the mastering i hope nobody discovers it hihihi its going to sell only a few million dollars and kayne gets worshiped even more but i bet this pan guys dont care about that anywaays.

I guess that's what happens when you're a product rather than an artist and you have a bunch of people writing your beats (and lyrics) for you. Slap the Kanye brand name across the label of an album almost entirely made by others and hurrah millions.

great

the pitchfork reviewer shat all over the album but then the editors made the score a 7.1... really makes u think

I thought the same thing...

*is over 30 and makes fun of new kanye without listening to it*

lol just tried to listen to this, couldn't get past the fourth track. it's fucking horrid shit. his rapping is trash, there's literally hundreds of rappers who are better, i'd have to try to find a worse rapper than him that I've heard recently, tbh. literally lolled when he tried to do the triplets thing in the second half of the first track. production is okay sometimes when it's not clipping? lol

good for you and everyone who enjoys it but my god there's WAY better rap out there people. seriously. also Kanye is a sad sideshow at this point which is its own issue.

skrillex > kanye

by fucking miles

daytona is boring as fuck

his lyricism is on point but the beats are so dull

he should have just made it a spoken word album

kanyes production is so overrated

the pitchfork reviewer shat all over the album but then the editors made the score a 7.1... really makes u think

I thought the same thing...

I can dig around but it's an open secret that the score is determined by the staff voting and a editor picks someone to review it. Apparently there's still some times when the editors will bypass the staff consensus if they disagree with it, often to award a BNM that actually had lukewarm reception OR downgrade a score on an album everyone loved but the editors or editor didn't want to hype.

My guess this album was divisive as fuck. Also I saw on reddit that some reviewers came out and said they didn't even vote on the score, so that'd explain a 7 instead of a lower score and why the review doesn't quite jive with the score awarded.

I read he completely reworked the album after his whole "slavery is a choice" comment on TMZ. 

Meaning it was a rush job which would explain it's even more poop than his usual stuff?

And yet here we are talking smack about a dude who doesn,t have a good voice, makes mediocore beats but has hart and soul that conquered the world and kims ass on a friggin idm forum in 2018. He will be remembered and celibrated when skrillez and eveyone we know will be dust and bones, clerp clerps

And yet here we are talking smack about a dude who doesn,t have a good voice, makes mediocore beats but has hart and soul that conquered the world and kims ass on a friggin idm forum in 2018. He will be remembered and celibrated when skrillez and eveyone we know will be dust and bones, clerp clerps

incelibrated

Tweet from P4K reviewer confirming she did not agree with score

https://www.reddit.com/r/hiphopheads/comments/8oeqax/pitchfork_gives_kanye_wests_ye_a_71/e02ubuc?utm_source=reddit-android

Background on P4k scaling, not sure if still current

http://no-trivia.tumblr.com/post/64660558089/wondering-what-happens-behind-the-scenes-at-p4k-i

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

*is over 30 and makes fun of new kanye without listening to it*

lol just tried to listen to this, couldn't get past the fourth track. it's fucking horrid shit. his rapping is trash, there's literally hundreds of rappers who are better, i'd have to try to find a worse rapper than him that I've heard recently, tbh. literally lolled when he tried to do the triplets thing in the second half of the first track. production is okay sometimes when it's not clipping? lol

good for you and everyone who enjoys it but my god there's WAY better rap out there people. seriously. also Kanye is a sad sideshow at this point which is its own issue.

skrillex > kanye

by fucking miles

it's a real shame that Ghost Town and Violet Crimes are at the end, only tracks worth checking out

I love the idea of super short Hip-Hop releases (records like Views and Culture II are v difficult to get through even once), but this album still managed to be shite.

I wonder about his circle of sycophants sometimes. I follow Kacy Hill on instagram because she's a cute redhead/former American Apparel model but she also has a non well received album on Kanye's label. She has a photo of Jackson Hole, Wyoming and says this is a very very good album. And it's like, come on. You don't actually think this album is good. Cut the shit. But she's probably contractually required to say that. 

I wonder about his circle of sycophants sometimes. I follow Kacy Hill on instagram because she's a cute redhead/former American Apparel model but she also has a non well received album on Kanye's label. She has a photo of Jackson Hole, Wyoming and says this is a very very good album. And it's like, come on. You don't actually think this album is good. Cut the shit. But she's probably contractually required to say that. 

they're riding that cognitive dissonance wave all the way to the bank

Archived