IGNORED

Kanye West - ye

Abilene_paradox

In the Abilene paradox, a group of people collectively decide on a course of action that is counter to the preferences of many or all of the individuals in the group. It involves a common breakdown of group communication in which each member mistakenly believes that their own preferences are counter to the group's and, therefore, does not raise objections. A common phrase relating to the Abilene Paradox is a desire not to "rock the boat"

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder about his circle of sycophants sometimes. I follow Kacy Hill on instagram because she's a cute redhead/former American Apparel model but she also has a non well received album on Kanye's label. She has a photo of Jackson Hole, Wyoming and says this is a very very good album. And it's like, come on. You don't actually think this album is good. Cut the shit. But she's probably contractually required to say that. 

they're riding that cognitive dissonance wave all the way to the bank

they're already at the bank though.. they never left.. they're in the vault surrounded by ye's diamond crusted golden grill. 

btw went and listened to some of her album on youtube. not terrible. not really that memorable. probably would've done ok w/a million dollar marketing campaign.. maybe that's how much the videos cost though so what do i know. her singing is ok.. better than some.  she doesn't seem dishonest or anythign like that.. but she has red hair so the world is stacked against her. perhaps being a successful model was the universe's one 'gimme' in her direction?

I listened to this. Kanye West is still a pretty terrible rapper, so it's not for me. Seems ok otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...
"His record sucked, and that’s it"

Nine Inch Nails‘ Trent Reznor has offered his opinion on Kanye West’s ‘Ye’, and it’s safe to say that he isn’t a big fan.

The record polarised both fans and listeners upon release 

But Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent definitely isn’t a fan.

“The guy’s lost his fucking mind: that’s the thinkpiece. His record sucked, and that’s it. He has made great shit; he’s not in a great place right now”, he told The Guardian.

The interview also saw Reznor offering his brutally honest take on America in the age of Donald Trump.

“It feels like things are coming unhinged, socially and culturally,” he told the paper.

“The rise of Trumpism, of tribalism; the celebration of stupidity. I’m ashamed, on a world stage, at what we must look like as a culture. It’s seeing life through the eyes of having four small kids—what are they coming into? And who am I in this world where it feels like every day the furniture got moved a bit while I slept?”

“We’ve got dumber, more tribalized; we’ve found niches of other people that focus on extremity. For the miracle of everyone sharing ideas, I see a hell of a lot more racism. It doesn’t feel like we’ve advanced. I think you’re seeing the fall of the empire of America in real time, before your eyes; the internet has eroded the fabric of decency in our civilization.”

I cannot disagree.

Still better than anything Reznor's done in the last 20 years

I cannot disagree.

his live show was pretty cutting edge for a while though. a those lights and projection mapping stuff. pretty epic on that front. 

haven't listened to his output in long time. probably some gems in there.. but his face doesn't seem punchable like many others.. 

really not into this. but I havent been into any of his stuff since MBDTF really.

even combining Ye with KSG does nothing.

Just made me realize I only want the instrumentals.

The only song I keep returning to is "Free (ghost town part 2)" even tho Ye's vocals annoy me and that "freeeeEE" part is annoying also.

I wondered what I like about it.

I figured out that it reminds me of this with the violin and the beats.

• 1 month later...

i fuckin luh kanye forever status.

kanye keepin my summer blessed up af wit all these bangers he done made this summer, all 36 of them. ok maybe 35, wasn't really fond of the people vs ye, but it still coo doh. 

Great recent tweet

Steve Jobs you are one of my biggest inspirations and your story spirit and drive helps to push me everyday congratulations on Apple hitting a trillion dollars also congrats to Eddie Q and Johnny Ives and Tim Cook and the entire Apple team

He sounds like someone’s crazy aunt living in a trailer who sends you inspirational butterfly Christian astrology memes

• 1 month later...

lol. Nice production but lyrics and video are beyond stupid. I feel like there might be a meta-message here but it's probably just really dumb.

Also does "ft. Adele Givens" just mean that he sampled her and then she strutted around on camera for like 30 seconds?

Archived