IGNORED

Saddest Autechre track.

NorthernFusion

Obviously a subjective topic since people will no doubt have different interpretations on a track-by-track basis.  

Nevertheless, I'm curious, name the Autechre tracks which give you the most feels.

:cerious:  :catcry:  :cattears:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pir is up there as well, although they manage to make it equally joyful sounding somehow as well. bittersweet, I guess.

Cap.IV also makes me cry but mostly because it's so gorgeous, especially during one of those late afternoon spring/summer storms where the orange light still casts strong through the black clouds and halos all the drops hanging on the glass

Similar feeling with Netlon Sentinel but darker.

newbound. I had it as a ringtone for a specific person in a certain period of life and it brings back memories of a very bad place I've been in back then. You know, that moment when your whole life falls apart and the image of a perfect future shatters to pieces. I don't listen to the track very often anymore but when I do I'm amazed how a particular set of frequencies can bring you back to a linked point in time and gives you a little taste of whatever you felt back then. It's fascinating.

I was grieving around the time of elseq. c16 was very cathartic in that mood, and eastre soothed. There was a relatable agony nudging through those tracks for me.

Netlon Sentinel is angery.

Yeah it's like a cornered alien cat. All claws and fangs and lasers. Really pretty though, especially the climax/ending. It's like a violently won mutual understanding. One of my favorite penultimates of theirs.

I recall EP7 / LP5 being heavy on #emotional tracks but I can't remember which ones specifically off the top of my head

Dropp does heavy things for me too but it's not really sadness, it's more like stoic resolve and quiet dignity after a long, hard day.

Vose In is so pretty too, I still can't figure out what's going on with those mysterious glowing chords in the first part. I hope one of those YouTube theory nerds latches onto it and breaks it down.

I thought Arch Carrier was beautiful and somber when I was a teenager but it doesn't do as much for me anymore. It's almost overly sentimental to me now.

Both of those records sound simultaneously so dry but mystical and shimmering which I think makes them feel more humble and emotional.

I recall EP7 / LP5 being heavy on #emotional tracks but I can't remember which ones specifically off the top of my head

LP5 more than EP7, I'd say. Rae is on there.

newbound. I had it as a ringtone for a specific person in a certain period of life and it brings back memories of a very bad place I've been in back then. You know, that moment when your whole life falls apart and the image of a perfect future shatters to pieces. I don't listen to the track very often anymore but when I do I'm amazed how a particular set of frequencies can bring you back to a linked point in time and gives you a little taste of whatever you felt back then. It's fascinating.

I agree with this.  Certain songs are permanently linked to time periods in my life and I can never listen to them the same way again.  Newbound is one of these for me

1 1 is so sad. A real tear shedder. The track around 18:50 on Krakow...a pure fit of despair. Misters Booth n Brown got a special talent for a strange and wild breed of hearbreaker.

Archived