IGNORED

Mental Illness Megathread

gmanyo

More magic from magic mushrooms, eh?

I used to get cluster headaches as a teenager. They were apparently caused by something intensely stressful happening in my life which was in front of my eyes very often. I was experimenting with magic mushrooms and the headaches went away. I later found out that magic mushrooms are used as a treatment and potential cure and my doctor was close to giving them to me. Cluster headaches are apparently the worst headaches a person can get. Over the course of a few hours I would slowly go blind as the headache was building to the point where I would vomit. After throwing up the headache would slowly go away and my vision would slowly return.

Perhaps the houses that had faces and were dancing and singing on the street convinced the headaches to leave...

• 4 weeks later...

I don't really believe I'm mentally ill.. but I do suffer occasionally from social anxiety. I've made improvements through forcing myself out of my comfort zone and exposing myself to whatever phobias I might have, that and living a healthier, more honest lifestyle.

However, I'd still be open to trying esketamine once it gets FDA approval. I read that  Johnson & Johnson submitted an NDA not long ago for its use with treatment resistant depression. I really want to get high off it, I love the profundity of the experience, better then anything on this earth for me in moderation.. which has always proved impossible. This probably belongs in the favorite drugs thread

ketamine?

someone turns all the lights off mid sentence & you come round crawling out of your k-hole 3hrs later, somewhere in a ditch in Leeds, with porridge streaming down both nostrils all over whatever garments survived intact during the 3hrs of crow-black blankness ketamine?

the best

Edited by cwmbrancity

Guest Ovitus

sorry, but I can't say I would mind drifting in and out of consciousness and the network of creation on the daily for month long binges.. its the innocent bystanders I'm concerned about, and they're the ones that count in the absence of hedonistic blissed out reawakening...over..and over. surely it would take a toll on my sanity and the inevitable blackout is just too much of a risk for me these days

but perhaps a structured, administered dosage would be beneficial to some people, and I'd definitely be down for moderate dissociation, without seeking the hole, as seductive and fascinating as it may be

Edited by Ovitus

the NHS administered Ketamine i.v. to my old man during palliative care, he said it made the lights seem geometrical but that might well have been the gallons of oxy

similarly been dosed with it i.v. immediately after an RTA by paramedics roadside, did fk all for the mutilation pains tbh

K is interesting the first few times, weird space/time representations, reality as 2D off-kilter blocks, in 2 places @ the same time (far out maaaaan), but if you've waded thru the wastelands of passed out teknival uber crustiness, with dance-floors reduced to dreadlocked beds of sleep spazzes, it kind of loses its mystical &/or seductive appeal

whatever insights you might gleam will be swallowed up by that puddle of darkness & generally there are more profound & memorable experiences to be enjoyed conversing with a pet

Edited by cwmbrancity

When i was young i had a bad case of the flu and took too much cough syrup and had a dream which was very much a k hole experience from what I've read online...

I watched a documentary about the stuff and this guy was taking it daily.

Its not harmful right ?

Edited by yek

Ketamine is the weirdest th8ng I ever took. Geometrical lights is a great description. Also forgot my own name on it once, a complete dissolution of my sense of self or identity. I only took it about 5 times, it made me feel dirty, both mentally and physically.

Ketamine is the weirdest th8ng I ever took. Geometrical lights is a great description.

I had something at a festival once and I wonder now if it was K.  Circular patters phasing in and out, growing in size and shape, different colours.. even when I closed my eyes.

Couldn't find my tent, couldn't sleep, paranoia, shitstorm!

Didn't wake up in Leeds though, was still at the festival.  Happy days.

Yeah... it was not fun.

So I've been mildly suffering from pseudodysphagia for most of my life, but I've had a good handle on it. Until last month when I was on a shoot with some co-workers where I wouldn't be able to eat in public at all without panicking about choking. I've been trying to rectify it by contacting a psychologist (but couldn't afford it), then an after-hours clinic who told me to go to ER who referred me to a mental health center. The social worker who determines what type of treatment I should seek told me that I would be a challenge since my anxiety disorder is pretty rare. They said they would look for a psychologist, but that they are all booked at the moment. The first psychologist recommended a book on dealing with anxiety and fear, so I bought it.

I went on another shoot this week, but ended up eating very little during the day. I would need to stay in the van by myself where I would attempt to eat Cliff Bars and trail mix without panicking. At night, I would try to eat by myself while practicing mindfulness and meditation.

For a week or so it really got me down since it's such an absurd anxiety disorder to have. To not be able to eat meals with your GF or family without having a panic attack really takes a toll on me. But I've been practicing some of what the book suggested and I think it's helping. It's like relearning that swallowing food is an automatic function by doing deep breathing, relaxing any muscle tension caused by anxiety and taking as much time needed to finish a meal. The strange thing is everything else in my life, though I deal with general anxiety, is pretty much fine except for this specific condition. And it being such a normal part of every day life makes it quite a challenge to cope with.

there are various methods to breaching this, eg: dbt that shit if you can access a T, who can then guide you past enduring toward understanding what may be underpinning things & a successful resolution

have faith, an independent pro w/experience can weed that shit out

there are various methods to breaching this, eg: dbt that shit if you can access a T, who can then guide you past enduring toward understanding what may be underpinning things & a successful resolution

have faith, an independent pro w/experience can weed that shit out

Thanks for the support. I'm already seeing progress with these mindfulness exercises. Hopefully going to beat this thing for good.

When my body is heavily fighting off a nasty virus, my rapid cycling bipolar symptoms sometimes come back. Yesterday I went from being fine, to incredibly anxious and depressed, to pissed off, to suicidal, straight to laughing and joking, then immediately back to depressed and suicidal again, then back again to laughing and joking, then finally back to being fine. At that point I thought "screw it, I better go to sleep now and avoid my mind being awake." All of that happened in about an hour and a half total.

So I've been mildly suffering from pseudodysphagia for most of my life, but I've had a good handle on it. Until last month when I was on a shoot with some co-workers where I wouldn't be able to eat in public at all without panicking about choking. I've been trying to rectify it by contacting a psychologist (but couldn't afford it), then an after-hours clinic who told me to go to ER who referred me to a mental health center. The social worker who determines what type of treatment I should seek told me that I would be a challenge since my anxiety disorder is pretty rare. They said they would look for a psychologist, but that they are all booked at the moment. The first psychologist recommended a book on dealing with anxiety and fear, so I bought it.

I went on another shoot this week, but ended up eating very little during the day. I would need to stay in the van by myself where I would attempt to eat Cliff Bars and trail mix without panicking. At night, I would try to eat by myself while practicing mindfulness and meditation.

For a week or so it really got me down since it's such an absurd anxiety disorder to have. To not be able to eat meals with your GF or family without having a panic attack really takes a toll on me. But I've been practicing some of what the book suggested and I think it's helping. It's like relearning that swallowing food is an automatic function by doing deep breathing, relaxing any muscle tension caused by anxiety and taking as much time needed to finish a meal. The strange thing is everything else in my life, though I deal with general anxiety, is pretty much fine except for this specific condition. And it being such a normal part of every day life makes it quite a challenge to cope with.

Damn, I didn't know about pseudodysphagia. That sounds awful, man. That's great you're seeing progress already. Keep at it, you got this.

Damn, I didn't know about pseudodysphagia. That sounds awful, man. That's great you're seeing progress already. Keep at it, you got this.

Thanks! I hope you're doing well too.

I've been able to see a psychologist and I'm being diligent with meditation and mindful eating. Things are getting better, but I'm still not able to eat with people yet. In due time though. It's like a reprogramming of thoughts and dealing with the anxiety instead of finding ways to avoid it.

this is not a megathread.  at 6 pages, this is a baby thread.  I was hoping to see a lot more mental illness on watmm

It's not limited to this thread. It's elsewhere on WATMM too. Just less obvious.

School i work at marking mental health day with an assembly on it while working staff to the bone day in day out in shitty conditions

foh

back in the 00s my school encouraged wellness bs while doing the same

these idiots will never learn

this is not a megathread.  at 6 pages, this is a baby thread.  I was hoping to see a lot more mental illness on watmm

It's not limited to this thread. It's elsewhere on WATMM too. Just less obvious.

FLOL