ambermonk

Welp, it's that time of year again. But TBH it looks to be the best lineup for games since 2015...particularly with Metro Exodus, Doom Eternal, Fallout 76, Rage 2, and CP2077.

Any upcoming games you're stoked for? Feel free to post vids, thoughts, whatev.

Cyberpunk 2077 and Sea of Solitude are the only ones I'm interested in so far.

Elder Scrolls 6 is in pre-production, we won't see that shit for years.

i mean i like that they're not giving everything away but like midway through the dude shakes one of his boxes and it turns into an assault rifle. i doubt it's just walking. the less i know about this game before i play it the better imo

There's more Cyberpunk 2077 in an hour.

*Unzips pænts*

Damn, I thought there would be gameplay. Sorry for hyping. Sounds good though. First person RPG, great everything is what I took from that.

Info from Gamespot stream:

• Game is FPS perspective
  • FPS perspective made to feel more personal
  • RPG with Shooter Elements not a Shooter with RPG elements
  • Multiple different progression systems (Skills, Perks, etc.)
  • V, protagonist - urban merc/hired gun.
  • Full character creation system (Gender, Looks, Lifepath/Backstory)
  • You DO NOT pick classes in the beginning, class system is fluid based on choices
  • Dystopian Cyberpunk future shown in sunlight on purpose. Full Day/Night Cycle. Noir themes bleed through environment and aesthetic
  • Characters from Cyberpunk 2020 lore will appear
  • Netrunner Techie and Solo are main focused classes
  • You can combine classes
  • Optional classes exist (like Rockerboy and Corporate) and you can pull perks from them to add into your own custom class
  • Story and quest system from Witcher 3 is implemented into Cyberpunk similarly.
  • Choice and consequence is HUGE. Emphasized that the game is an RPG first and foremost
  • Story is personalized by player choice.
  • Combat - Ranged combat and Melee combat. Learned lessons from Witcher 3. FPS Melee combat.
  • Weapons - 3 branches - Power Weapons (heavy hitting/stagger), Tech Weapons (penetrating through cover), Smart Weapons (tracking/following)
  • Vehicles - Motorcycles, Cars, hinted at flying cars.
  • V is a fully voiced character. Both Male and Female completely voiced.
  • V's personality is shaped by player. Backstory and interactions shape V's personality.
  • Cyberpunk is a dark dystopia in the same vein as Witcher 3 being Dark Fantasy
  • Details of the world - everything has a purpose. World design was a huge focus in setting the tone.
  • Night City - in between SF and LA (fictional city). Inspired by both cities.
  • 6 unique districts in the city. Each area has its own feel on top of the base Noir feel
  • Exploration is encouraged.
  • Witcher was horizontally huge, Cyberpunk is vertically huge.
  • You can enter buildings, Mega Buildings exist as well with multiple floors and multiple areas to explore within a single building.
  • No level scaling. 2 forms of XP - Core XP - Main Missions and Street Cred - Side missions
  • Higher Street Cred opens new exclusive vendors and fixers (new jobs)

More info from a booklet handed out after the demo

I want to play now, there's not even a release date is there? Probably a looong wait.

Welp, it's that time of year again. But TBH it looks to be the best lineup for games since 2015...particularly with Metro Exodus, Doom Eternal, Fallout 76, Rage 2, and CP2077.

Any upcoming games you're stoked for? Feel free to post vids, thoughts, whatev.

supposedly this is a free event and happening at the palladium near my work. does anyone know whether they're also showing old school consoles like nes mini classic or the neo geo mini etc? i've only been hearing about stuff for nintendo switch

CP2077 so far sounds like it'll basically be GTA V in a Shadowrun style setting, sans meta-human races and magic powers. Either way, I have a feeling that it'll be the game that ends up taking the most cake. And/or moist cake.

Archived