IGNORED

Original Soundtracks without the Motion Pictures

whosebrian

• 4 months later...

Witness is a good one.  Maurice Jarre doing a synth score intended to evoke the sense of otherness a person who had grown up in an Amish community would feel the first time they heard recorded music as an adult. Sounds unlike anything I've heard before or since.

Blood For Dracula has a phenomenal soundtrack, too, as does the original Wicker Man.

The Dark Crystal is an underrated one.

Pretty much anything by Carlo Cordara/Cordara Orchestra.  I like the stuff that showed up in House Of Psychotic Women a lot.

Anything from a Jesus Franco movie is pretty choice.

Werewolves On Wheels is one of my all time favorite soundtracks:

Neil Young's soundtrack for Dead Man is amazing as long as you skip the unnecessary dialogue excerpts and Johnny Depp reading William Blake. The actual music is incredible.  Earth reunited primarily out o their mutual love of that soundtrack and desire to make an album that sounded like it, according to them.

Really just about any genre film from Italy between 1965 and 1995 is going to have a world class soundtrack.

I'm not really into 70s and 80s horror films but I dig just about every synth and/or italo-disco score I've heard within the genre

i don't really get the concept of 'original motion picture soundtrack'... what does it mean, as opposed to what? oririnal soundtrack - ost? anybody care to elaborate? thanks!

but from what i understand from this thread i guess it's songs made specifically for the movie and not the background music - score?

all osts by goblin...

tangerine dream - the keep

i don't really get the concept of 'original motion picture soundtrack'... what does it mean, as opposed to what? oririnal soundtrack - ost? anybody care to elaborate? thanks!

but from what i understand from this thread i guess it's songs made specifically for the movie and not the background music - score?

all osts by goblin...

tangerine dream - the keep

Where would our favorite movies be without the music that fuels them? From the Top Gun jets soaring through the Danger Zone to everybody shaking' their Bacon in Footloose, music is an undeniable character in film, a character that can bring as much to a scene as any actor's performance.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4519562/?ref_=ttpl_pl_tt

• 1 month later...

Archived