IGNORED

Aphex Twin at BIME live 2018

d-a-m-o

U:Mack should get on his case seeing as RDJ is doing a club show in Berlin - hold on im gonna fb him right now..

Regular afx and all things braindance in ireland promoter  U:Mack told me on fb: "seems like berlin is a one off" when i suggested he get RDJ back to his fatherland. Hey i tried!

U:Mack should get on his case seeing as RDJ is doing a club show in Berlin - hold on im gonna fb him right now..

Regular afx and all things braindance in ireland promoter  U:Mack told me on fb: "seems like berlin is a one off" when i suggested he get RDJ back to his fatherland. Hey i tried!

:)

• 3 months later...

Anyone have a clue (or want to speculate with me)  as to what time daddy will be slated to appear?

It seems like the Friday headliner (biggest size name on the poster being the only clue) last year was Royal Blood at 9:45 PM.

But they are a rock group, so early makes sense, and Orbital played that same night/morning at 1:50 AM, which would make the most sense for Aphex, because, I guess people need time to get drugs and let them kick in before the lasers go full blast.

The reason I'm kinda sweating it is because long story short, I was flying into Barcelona on Friday 10/26 anyways, so taking a litttle side trip to Bilbao seemed like no big deal.  But I'll be getting to the venue about 10PM.  I figured Spaniards stay up crazy late, but then I looked at last year's program and then, well, the overthinking started.  

This is last year's program:

post-20600-0-24901900-1539481474_thumb.png

post-20600-0-24901900-1539481474_thumb.png

Is it just me or is there a serious lack of hype for this show? I’m excited as fuck, and I’m hoping the lack of hype/advertising will result in a smaller crowd and more intimate show.

i have a suspicion that maybe bilbao is trying to put itself on the map as a tech-friendly "cool" place to work and live, and this festival is part of that strategy.

the design of the website, the stages sponsored by heineken and such, even the lineup itself all seem sorta cobbled together by marketing people who don't really have a grasp of what their theme is.  

but you gotta hand it to them for booking Aphex, that's really all the hype it takes to get me to go!

Ah that could very well be the case. And agreed, RDJ headlining seals the deal for me. I'm not too interested in the rest of the lineup, but I'll gladly hop on a plane to Europe for Aphex!

Tracklist from the show so far:

Jigga - "Nitya"

Aphex Twin - "Elephant Song"

DJ Seinfeld - "Sakura"

Bicep - "Orca"

Lanark Artefax - "Flickering Debris"

Lanark Artefax - "Touch Absence (Intimidating Stillness Mix)"

Zuli - "Trigger Finger"

TSVI - "Whirl"

Jigga - "Nitya"

DJ Seinfeld - "Sakura"

Bicep - "Orca"

Zuli - "Trigger Finger"

TSVI - "Whirl"

:catrecline:

In  this https://youtu.be/Lau4wS7y120 video at about 5:00 in, I think it's a current value track playing, probably Certainty

. Fucking banger.

At about 9:20 in the same video, he drops Another Current Value belter

I fucking loved those two EPs and songs when they came out.

Jigga - "Nitya"

DJ Seinfeld - "Sakura"

Bicep - "Orca"

Zuli - "Trigger Finger"

TSVI - "Whirl"

100% sure that would have dropped trigger finger

Archived