IGNORED

WORLD CUP FEVER

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is, with all due respect, utter fucking nonsense.

Ronaldo hit that free kick perfectly. Pique and the rest of the wall stood no chance, neither did De Gea.

And with respect to the bicycles, whilst Bale’s is of more significance, Ronaldo’s was actually technically better.

you what?

8efb758e3e605085ec30f4af8bb3c6fd.jpg

there's no debate, Bale's was one of the best goals since Zidane's for Madrid in 2002 whichever way you look @ it: technically, timing, connection

Ronny's was a sand-wedge dink at best........watch it again & try not to let R's past Man-Ure links blind your vision: "i'm not wrong, am i"

i felt sick for Spain, but, granted, R still had to put it in the net

I’m comparing the two bicycle kicks there. Ronaldo’s is technically better. And for you to call his free kick a “sand wedge dink” is silly. The bend and dip on that is incredible. There’s a replay that shows it from behind Ronaldo as he’s taking it. I’ll try and find it, maybe you’ll come to your senses.

Germany with the horror match. Just shite all the way round from them. Mexico played a very tactically solid game for the first 50 minutes.

Both teams looked dead toward the end.

I don’t understand the Germans: bring in Mario Gomez and then stop sending in crosses....completely useless.

Ronaldo hit that free kick perfectly. Pique and the rest of the wall stood no chance, neither did De Gea.

And with respect to the bicycles, whilst Bale’s is of more significance, Ronaldo’s was actually technically better.

you what?

there's no debate, Bale's was one of the best goals since Zidane's for Madrid in 2002 whichever way you look @ it: technically, timing, connection

Ronny's was a sand-wedge dink at best........watch it again & try not to let R's past Man-Ure links blind your vision: "i'm not wrong, am i"

I’m comparing the two bicycle kicks there. Ronaldo’s is technically better. And for you to call his free kick a “sand wedge dink” is silly. The bend and dip on that is incredible. There’s a replay that shows it from behind Ronaldo as he’s taking it. I’ll try and find it, maybe you’ll come to your senses.

agree to disagree, Kroos had a similar effort just saved on to the bar v Mexico but it wasnt a goal or a winner, so it wont headline

thought Nacho's goal was sublime, ball hit flat like a bullet & never seemed more than a foot n a half off the pitch

tumblr_padr72JASq1td6f30o2_540.gif?w=605

been a delicious few days, Coutinho's goal was sublime

you what?

agree to disagree, Kroos had a similar effort just saved on to the bar v Mexico but it wasnt a goal or a winner, so it wont headline

thought Nacho's goal was sublime, ball hit flat like a bullet & never seemed more than a foot n a half off the pitch

tumblr_padr72JASq1td6f30o2_540.gif?w=605

been a delicious few days, Coutinho's goal was sublime

Kroos' effort was decent, not same quality, and obviously not a golazo, so of course won't headline.

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/dggeke (ignore the american commentators) - the third replay from behind you can see the bend and the dip. Incredible free kick. Add in the fact that it was Ronaldo's 51st hat trick, the first hat trick against Spain in the World Cup, and well...it was a pretty goddamn incredible free kick.

Kolarov scored a banger  thundercunt as well.

Coutinho's goal was lovely indeed.

Ah that feeling of optimism from an England goal (let's ignore Sterling's fuck up).

IIRC, they face either Germany or Brazil depending on where they (England) finish. Although it might be Mexico as well now after that display from the Germans lol.

Holy fuck they've gone and done it.

How the holy hell the Tunisians left Harry Kane unmarked on two corner kicks will be a mystery for the ages.

England's finishing was even worse than Mexico's (Lingard was terrible). They really should have had a penalty of their own, was much more blatant than the one Tunisia got. Henderson was very good, Maguire looked impressive at times too. Hard on Tunisia, who looked like they'd done enough though after they weathered that first half storm, but it was awful marking for the equaliser. 

TBF, Young didn't really have a lot to do, he wasn't absolute (bird) poo.

The miss by Sterling in the opening 5 minutes was awful, and Lingard really should have put away one of his chances.

Clearly, start Rashford for Sterling and Ruben Loftus-Cheek over Alli, and probably Rose for Young.

The Tunisians were wrestling Kane to the floor all match though, can't understand the point of VAR if it's not going to be used. To be fair, it has been used pretty correctly so far, the only contentious example so far has been the occasion in the Sweden - Korea match, where the Koreans were developing a good attacking chance - which highlights that the decision from the VAR team needs to come faster - lest a goal result while deliberations are ongoing (it was a correct decision on that occasion, but it needs to be faster). 

Anyhow. Football Status: coming home. I can see the tabloid headlines already fucking lol.

went into their shells in the 2nd half, no-one stood out, Dier & Rashford could've made a difference if they'd been brought on early enough but....... maybe it was the mass of Putin's flying insects that put them off

same olde Inglan, always boring (+ Kane fkd my 1-1 punt up in extra-time ffs)

watched the Germany vs Mexico match, really enjoyed that great game to watch

obviously watched the England match, which I thought showed sign of promise...

now going to watch Egypt vs Russia with a few beers

beerwolf over and out!

There's the pepe we all know and love. Making me eat my words.

Uruguay's midfield is shit. Looks like they'll top the group still, but just fucking grinding out results as usual.

So far, matches today have been dreadful. Let's hope Spain smashes Iran.

flol:

https://youtu.be/RIPDb9E1VNU

maybe he has some weird genetic condition whereby his nerves are super sensitive.

Portugal game was mildly entertaining, end to end at times, even if it was lacking in quality. Portugal were shit and Morocco should really have got something out of it, there's been a lot of poor play in the final third in general this WC. Uruguay game was even more boring than the first half of the Russia game yesterday, terrible.

Apparently the Iranians have brought about 10 times the number of supporters as the Spanish, who don't seem to travel in big numbers for some reason, strange for such a big footballing nation, I know they're not the richest country, but neither are Iran.

Archived