IGNORED

WORLD CUP FEVER

Pavard's goal was better, Nacho got more pace on his strike, but Pavard's far less savable, the spin on it was incredible. Messi's goal was the best goal so far though, just sublime control.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:emotawesomepm9:

Entertaining matches today, went 2/2 on my pool picks to boot :catrecline: .  Tasty looking fixtures tomorrow too, wondering if Putin can rig a dubya over Spain with the same ease as the 2016 election :cisfor:

Booooring.

Russia were shocking, but it worked. Spain lacked that spark to get the best of them.

Don't see Russia beating Croatia, but the other teams they could probably beat with these shitty tactics, might be able to get to the final.

Good result for England, increases their chance of getting to the final too.

cue reports of Spain being subjected to sonic warfare at their base

it was boring but tense, bit of a paradox but its not a perfick world

immense goals in the France v Argentina game, hoping Croatia v Denmark brings the best out of Modric & Eriksen

Croatia vs Denmark is a bit of a snooze compared to the Portugal and Russia match.

Still it’s excuse to drink beer and eat cheese on crackers so not an entire waste of time.

Pleased with the eventual winner, but those were some terrible kicks and cheating goalkeepers, they were halfway to the penalty spot on some of those.

Referees seem obsessed with the super strict interpretation of handballs this year but almost everything else clearly still goes.

Spain - 80% possession, 1,000 passes, and 1 own goal.

Their attitude was piss poor. Russians di what they had to do, Spain barely threatened Akinfeev's goal until the last half of extra time.

Schmeichel was a good 5 yards off his line by the time Modric took his kick, still, it wasn't a great penalty, glad he redeemed himself in the shootout (which was quite a good shootout to be fair).

Bit of a boring day, but lots of delicious beer was consumed.

ooof. hard on nihon there, they really made a game of it in the 2nd half, was a bit dull in the first. both sides had chances to win it, but to win it in the last second of extra time, mental.

I am not sure anymore that Belgium would be the better side for ending Brazils tournament, but they better shape up for that game. Absolutely disgusted by Neymars incessant rolling around for every little contact. I admit that I wouldn't feel bad if someone really crushed Neymar's leg so he had a legit reason to go down in pain.

Absolutely disgusted by Neymars incessant rolling around for every little contact. I admit that I wouldn't feel bad if someone really crushed Neymar's leg so he had a legit reason to go down in pain.

Yeah brasil deserved their win against mex, but that egregiously acted run-the-clock bs towards the end was so hard to watch.  Worst part about the sport imo

hard on Japan, who were excellent this entire tournament, especially when Switzerland or Sweden will be in the next round. Far less deserving imo.

Fun match although Martinez still does not totally inspire. Definitely a step up from wilmots who was a complete idiot, but carrasco better not start against Brazil. Doesn’t fit the team at all imo, and he brings Vertonghen out of position. After carrasco came off they scored all the goals

Heartbreaker for Japan.

Still, great tenacity from Belgium. Last world cup they would have folded, but their mentality is much better this time around.

Fantastic last second victory on the counter, with some great football intelligence from Lukaku, first to make the run to create space for Meunier to make that run, and then to leave it for Chadli.

I watched it at an event hosted by the Belgian embassy here, it was bedlam when that goal went in.

Archived