IGNORED

WORLD CUP FEVER

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They definitely looked the better side up until about the last 5 minutes of extra time. Dier has been absolute trash since coming on.

Might as well book the tickets home now lads, PKs and England going out in the world cup, name a more iconic duo...

english keeper went waaay off his line, twice! english press dissected every other keeper so far, now they should look and analyze their own for a change, if they can be honest

England probably deserved that on the balance of play for the entire match, Colombia only woke up towards the end of the 90, their defensive play up til then had been excellent though, very similar to Uruguay, bodies on the line, getting all the blocks in. England looked mentally tired in extra time though, so were a bit lucky to hang on. England look pretty shocking from a creative standpoint though, why is Sterling so shit when he puts on an England shirt? They lack a creative playmaking centre mid too. And yes, Dier is shite. Pickford is a pretty shit keeper, but he made two very good saves in the end, so fair play.

Had to close the door to my house to prevent the pub down the road spoiling the penos, they were 2 seconds ahead of my TV judging by the cheers and groans during the game. Will have to put up with hours of Eng-ur-land and It's Coming Home for hours now as they drunkenly make their way home, it's too fucking hot to close the windows. Ugh.

I will be hoping for an ENG loss in penalties in the next match. This was just an aberration. If ENG wins the Cup, then it confirms we live in the worst timeline.

you really are the life and soul of the party aren't you

cheer up mate, you can do it!

lol - put a tenner on 1-1 w/Colombia winning on pens, oh well

our pub went nuts when Colombia scored, it was proper funny for the timing of it & as much as Inglan winning was the worst outcome (at least this side of the border), couldnt really get bind Colombia fully cos of their individual & collective bs

the level of cheating by their players needed a ref who could get a grip on things & some of the palaver warranted a red card or 2

screaming in the ref's face, over & over? fuckin do one

Rashford for Sterling for the Sweden game, he usually seems to improve their game when he comes on, it'll be a tighter match & Inglan's formation isnt really working for them in midfield

Really lost some respect for Falcao - I don't remember him being that much of a fucking knob previous. Maybe just didn't watch enough of him - obviously he's screamed at a ref before (what player hasn't), but to the extent that he went on, you'd think he was a 3 year old who'd had his lolly taken off him.

England were no saints in that game either, lots of shoves and late hits from them. Colombia's antics went a bit beyond that though.

yeah that is true

can't believe the amount of body grappling and slam-dunking to the ground in most games in the penalty area, what's goin' on?

I think England's antics were a response to the combination of the shite from the Colombian players, and the shite referee.

Against Sweden, I think replace Alli with Loftus-Cheek, leave Rashford to come on as a super sub for one of Sterling/Lingard at about the 60 minute mark depending how things have gone.

Will be a tough match. Some tasty looking quarter final match-ups all round, although apparently Cavani won't play against France, which is a bit of a disappointment. Still think France would have been too much for Uruguay, but losing one of your best players never helps.

Archived