IGNORED

NTS 1-4: Your favourite overall moment?

So, after you all have partially digested NTS 1-4: Do you have favourite moments, overshadowind... anything?

Mine is:

tt1pd @ 15:20 till end. Shit totally went down, that harsh, metallic sounds leave the stage and we get a clear impression of that awesome, warbling, pulsating chaos beats... thing ... heartbeats of the Leviathan. And that beautiful sawtooth drone/pad appears. I love the vibes here. Destruction of the earth theme.

yes, tt1pd, in that moment, is a catastrophic shipwreck: the Kraken collides with Moby Dick, my ears play the part of Achab.

I find also immense 13ctrl, at 19:29 ... the crescendo is about to reach its climax, the long notes seem about to collapse, sometimes they come out of tone, like a train that derails, and the percussion, exactly that moment , change: the timbre, for a few bars, seems to change into a synth. Then the percussion stops, second crescendo is coming, this time supported by an irregular structure: here I definitely have the impression of falling into the belly of Autechre.

I'm slowly getting interested in the less conspicuous pieces: Sinistral AB ... after a couple of minutes' preparation, at 02:26 there's that sequence of accents: it's like opening a bright window, a sort of sonic gnosis . Too bad that the song did not develop those notes, but even so, the passage is very suggestive.

"g 1 e 1" for me. The way it opens like a melancholy lonely string and that meandering sound from some of the live sets burrows its way in and clears the air. I've used it so many times after a long hike up a hill overlooking the city I live in, and it perfectly compliments that experience. 

There are so many extraordinary moments on the set, though. I can't wait to get my physical media and play those (complete with surface noise) for my friends. 

violvoic at 08:55 after a long idle and then 09:43 amplification, sort of how deep could it be drilled incantation, the ending is great yet not as affective

tt1pd at 07:26 until the breakdown, dat woodblock boost

nineFLY, the whole introduction of and the resolving part after 07:33

four of seven, ending of

I'm slowly getting interested in the less conspicuous pieces: Sinistral AB ... after a couple of minutes' preparation, at 02:26 there's that sequence of accents: it's like opening a bright window, a sort of sonic gnosis . Too bad that the song did not develop those notes, but even so, the passage is very suggestive.

I have a similar yearning for the sinistrailAB air excursion to expand far beyond the 12 second blessing we were granted. The way it rapidly dissipates into wetgelis is absolutely fine, but if there's a quadrange-esque outtake from whatever module was driving those final fizzes, I would dearly love to hear it. Sob/Rean pls

six of eight @3:30 when that weird flute tune becomes more prominent

xflood @8:35 when the synth sounds like the main lead in Eutow

gonk tuf hi @4:22 onwards

tt1pd @7:25 - 9:54

+ many more

the part at 7:08 on splesh where that stab comes in and makes all the other parts kind of freak out for a second

oh yeah and the bladelores pad coming in for no reason at the very end lol. what a great track

gonk steady one @ 9:43, a momentary thing that sounds like it mighta been a vocal sample at one point (the gonk???)

same, but from 7:10, when you relax, beat louder on 7:20, boot on 7:25 and, on 7:31... GOOOOOONK!!!

Yeah, as previously discussed the clown horns from 7:31 of gonk steady one keep me coming back.

Still love 00:48 in Dummy Casual, when everything drops out, then this camp idiotic waffling takes it up. Clown ska funk.

Those snarly warbling tesla flares from tt1pd descend with such dynamism.

The sequencing is a highlight throughout (on digital anyway). Violvoic into sinistrail and shimripl casual into all end are some of the best examples.

"g 1 e 1" for me. The way it opens like a melancholy lonely string and that meandering sound from some of the live sets burrows its way in and clears the air. I've used it so many times after a long hike up a hill overlooking the city I live in, and it perfectly compliments that experience. 

There are so many extraordinary moments on the set, though. I can't wait to get my physical media and play those (complete with surface noise) for my friends. 

I've totally 'slept' on this track. Beautiful timbre and melody. 

tt1pd

@15:01

When the ship goes down

This part, heard after woodpechre is so giving me goose bumps right now

Pure evil geniuses

<3 sod and ram

Fuck yeah! Somehow missed on including this one, proper acid splutter and that hiss heals

Still love 00:48 in Dummy Casual, when everything drops out, then this camp idiotic waffling takes it up. Clown ska funk.

Couldn't decide on which part of the track to highlight, perhaps prefer 01:20 when claps unite

Fuck yeah! Somehow missed on including this one, proper acid splutter and that hiss heals

Yeah, proper Ae sanity. But I don't like that clown laughing at me all the time.

Have not yet found my love for 7:31 gonk steady one, many people seem to like that garbagemx super reverb thing...

Archived