IGNORED

NTS 1-4: Your favourite overall moment?

In tt1pd it's also super awesome when the rhythm goes 100% Autechre style at 12:50.

I love that we have some similar ideas about what is great and what is not. IRL, I am surrounded by people who often share the same style, which is some lightyears away from mine. Was at a party @ weekend. Robbie Williams, James Blunt, whatever. All those people are aliens in their music preferences, from my perspective. They are just so wrong.

I wasn't hooked on NTS until e0, but it was g 1 e 1 that really launched the sessions into the stratosphere for me. Especially around the 1:20 mark when the progression resolves and the insanely dynamic flutters come in - pure bliss. 

The last five minutes or so of violvoic stand out for me. Something about that granular bass growl. Feels like being trapped in an anomalous chamber being slowly flooded with mercury.

I could see people in public with no prior exposure to Ae being borderline traumatized hearing this from speakers, whether coming from a passing vehicle or elsewhere.

Ooooooooo.... I'm going to have to spend all day today trying to put a little list together...

We can have more than one right? I mean... It's 8 HOURS of AUTECHRE...!!!!

Maybe one favorite moment for each hour? Or at least one for each session?

9 chrO at 2:25-3:35, 9:00-9:20

Am I crazy in thinking this track has kind of a country-rock vibe to it?

that whole track is just ridiculous. It never seems as long as it actually is.

So I tried to keep it at one favorite moment per hour.

Well... current favorite moments (as I'm sure this will change over the coming months)...

t1a1 @ 13:00 - til the end - right when it changes at 13 minutes is so great... I love it. Then again @ 13:56 when that rackety sound starts. Hell... everything that's brought into the mix from there until the end just puts this huge goofy grin on my face. 

north spiral @ 12:45 - when it cuts out for a second. 13:46 as well... from then to the end. Bliss. 

=D

xflood @ 5:18, when it starts to get a little crazy...

9 chr0 @ 7:19-11:20(ish).... That whole section is a total mindfuck for me. 

acid mwan idle @ 10:30 when those higher pitched synths come in.

nineFly @ 5:11, that transition is great. 

shimripl casual @ 16:35. ROCK IT ONESIX!!!! Wooooo!!!!

What can be said about all end? If I had to pick a favorite part/parts - it's when stuff like... @ 5:15, when those pads come in and it has a total Blade Runner vibe... I really like those moments... there's quite a few of them throughout the track.

=P

Archived