IGNORED

Your favorite album of all time

Extralife

1 hour ago, Polytrix said:

Yeah, I realised that today! There's no MBV albums or EPs on there AT ALL! 

What a dick move. Do they want me to fire up soulseek again or something?

You’re not getting any more money out of me. I paid for a Loveless cd in 1993 already and though that cd is now cracked there is no way in hell I’ll pay for it again.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/5/2020 at 8:23 AM, milkface said:

I was gonna get the record from their site in 2018 but it went down and has never gone back up since. Plus Kevin Shields took Loveless off of Spotify too ?

Loveless is on Spotify in the US, but MBV, the newest one isn’t. 

Either way, it’s like an author asking to have all their books removed from a library. It’s wack. 

I've been thinking back on this actually and I think it's basically impossible for me to pinpoint a single record as the best ''desert island disks'' are so incredible and unique in of themselves that you surely need multiple choices! 

BUT: if I had to choose one, I may actually remove my MBV shout and replace it with Tool - Lateralus. An ansolute journey from start to finish with moments of euphoric creschedno and things like that that still to this day send shivers down my spine. Love it. As much as I love the classics we talk about here on the forum all the time, it strikes me that a rock concept album/generally band music lends itself more to an audio journey or sorts with a narrative and interlinked themes of intrigue etc. So yeah, Tool - Lateralus.

lateralus.jpg

On 6/5/2020 at 7:14 AM, rhmilo said:

What a dick move. Do they want me to fire up soulseek again or something?

You’re not getting any more money out of me. I paid for a Loveless cd in 1993 already and though that cd is now cracked there is no way in hell I’ll pay for it again.

reported

• 3 weeks later...

An album?  As in singular?  Umpossible.  Yet, I've thought about this and the answer always surprises me but I know it is correct.

Godflesh _Pure_

I don't actually like most of the Godflesh catalog.  Streetcleaner doesn't hold my interest beyond "Rats".  The latter dub stuff is horrid.  The Godflesh sweet spot is very keenly centered on Pure, Selfless and Merciless, with Pure being the crowning jewel of the lot.  "Pure II" is my ultimate sonic opioid.  

Beyond that I could list dozens of 'bests'.  But if pushed into a corner and forced to chose only one, I would be quite content with _Pure_.

On 6/6/2020 at 6:55 PM, Candiru said:

Loveless is on Spotify in the US, but MBV, the newest one isn’t. 

Either way, it’s like an author asking to have all their books removed from a library. It’s wack. 

except its a private company, not a public good.. which the artist should be able to choose to be a part of or not

more off topic, but i dont get the hype around that band at all.  ive tried giving loveless a few listens and its so.. meh for me.  but hey, maybe this is how other people feel when they hear 90s aphex that i adore?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I think of "favourite albums", three immediately come to mind:

Orbital, In Sides

NIN, The Downward Spiral and

Aphex Twin, Syro.

Each one of them had an incredible, indelible impact on me in different stages of my life.

Archived