IGNORED

The Coffee Thread™

Candiru

You still haven't fully understood how things work. Coffee = weak espresso. Espresso = strong coffee. Coffee with milk = milk coffee. Espresso with milk = latte macchiato

God it's tiresome to educate total peasants.

30 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

people who name coffee with milk as coffee and coffee as espresso... they're the worst...

I went to the local coffeeshop to do some remote work and ordered a large coffee. Then wondered how come it's so expensive, about 5€. I just had forgotten how large the "large coffee" is in that place, about half a litre with free refills. I've been buzzing for hours now.

53 minutes ago, dingformung said:

You still haven't fully understood how things work. Coffee = weak espresso. Espresso = strong coffee. Coffee with milk = milk coffee. Espresso with milk = latte macchiato

God it's tiresome to educate total peasants.

And you still haven't fully grasped how he English language works cause if you did you'd understand that our assertions are not mutually exclusive... 

5 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

Moka pots are actually not the best.  Briki make by far the best coffee the world has ever known.

Also the most carcinogenic. Mainly because at this point you’re pretty much just swallowing coffee been paste.

Yum.

• 7 months later...

Coming in to say I’ve been the regional aeropress king for the past year or so, but recently added a v60 and aero press. And I have to say, aeropress is the best home espresso-like I’ve ever had, and is more consistent and honestly better than most specialty coffee I have access to.

i get as high-end beans as possible. I like to buy from parlor, $50 and up is free 2 day shipping. That said I also think having some low beans is important. Dallayr is tight, or even chock full o nuts from time to time. Good bad coffee is sometimes the best. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sheatheman said:

Good bad coffee is sometimes the best. 

word. when i worked in a brunch restaurant i had access to all of these super-expensive third wave brands with exotic flavours, but imo nothing quite replaces the taste of old burnt coffee that has been sitting in the auto-dispenser at the gas station overnight. i try to cycle through the gas stations i go to just to get coffee but i think they've all come to recognize me at this point

at peak caffeine consumption i was making coldbrew using monster energy drink instead of water

• Like 2
  • Burger 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/26/2018 at 5:43 PM, snack master said:

I'm thinking about forking over the $400 to get a Gaggia Classic so I can make my own cappuccinos, but that's unlikely to happen at this time ?

I'm at this stage in my life now too. I read up on this machine. Do I really need a PID and a temperature meter and a scale to make anything close to a decent espresso? I only have a manual burr grinder so far for my moka pot, and it works fine for that (rhinowares, the tall grinder). It's not stepless though.

All these coffee nazis out there are making me anxious. My Melitta caffeo solo died, and I don't want another one. It was pretty good but after a couple of years the coffee residue gets everywhere in the machine, and it gets hard to clean properly. I love the crema though, which is why i want to move up from moka pot again -even tho it's pretty decent- after only a month or two lol. 

Was looking at options for making cold brew coffee; initially I thought I'd get a Toddy, but ended up buying a Hario Mizudashi jug. Really practical, although can't say I was amazed with the build quality tbh. So far I've made cold brew coffee and also green tea with it, good stuff.

Next up probably looking to get a burr grinder.