IGNORED

The Coffee Thread™

Candiru

I think it’s still going strong enough to make it to your 40’s and there will no doubt be a 4th wave for your 50’s.

We get this shit in my office.

Chameleon-best-cold-brew-coffee-Cool-Mom

Woke up a bit hung over this morning so figured I would have a cup of it. It's made my stomach do a few backflips and have been spending most of the day trying not to shit my pants.

We have it on tap, though. Not in bottles.

epic

A lot of cold brews fuck my stomach up, especially the bottled ones. I think it’s the acidity

lavazza ORO is the fukin best if you have a mr coffee. it tastes perfect.

I have that right now, using it in the moka. ‘Tis very smooth. The one in the black can is also kind of perfect.

Illy coffee is good, but it’s totally cost prohibitive. 15 bucks for 8.8 oz makes no sense at all. You can get a pound of good locally roasted beans for less. The can is nice for storing things though.

I'm not saying that I don't appreciate a complex/gourmet cup of coffee (I certainly do), but I have pretty mid/upper-mid-grade coffee habits. In general I'm a dark roast guy, in particular, most traditional French roasts. 

I live in LA and I know people go nuts over their pour-overs and Intelligentsia beans and whatnot, but I can't really roll with spending too much time or money brewing my coffee and I need the option to program my brews for those days where I have to get up and out of the house before daylight to get to work.

Plus, I honestly can't stand the taste of most "popular" coffee spots (Intelligentsia, Blue Bottle, Dinosaur, etc). Trust me. I've had more than enough of my fair share to come to this conclusion. 

Having said that, I do have specific criteria for how to do my own thang.

My daily grind is this:

1548f111c7754bbab2fed9b27f4598e2.jpg

c8ad114f50c958cf90474de341072bda.image.7

... Plus (8 scoops of grounds to 8 "cups" of water) this...

bc54da9404001a52d2757470885e76a7.jpg

(I grind the beans in-store at the fine/espresso setting)

... Plus just a splash of your non-fancy-grocery-store-brand almond milk, resulting in the color of the middle cup on this scale (or a hair-shade darker)...

large.jpg

... ERRYDAY.

Edited by J3FF3R00

I'm not saying that I don't appreciate a complex/gourmet cup of coffee (I certainly do), but I have pretty mid/upper-mid-grade coffee habits. In general I'm a dark roast guy, in particular, most traditional French roasts. 

I live in LA and I know people go nuts over their pour-overs and Intelligentsia beans and whatnot, but I can't really roll with spending too much time or money brewing my coffee and I need the option to program my brews for those days where I have to get up and out of the house before daylight to get to work.

Plus, I honestly can't stand the taste of most "popular" coffee spots (Intelligentsia, Blue Bottle, Dinosaur, etc). Trust me. I've had more than enough of my fair share to come to this conclusion. 

Yeah, I've given the light roasted pour-over thing a few tries myself but none of those flavors they describe really come through to me. "Passionfruit, blood orange, anise, whatever". It just tastes kind of bland, even though I know they made it strong enough, used a timer and everything. The roast flavor is pretty important in coffee for me, not just the beans themselves, which is what people are exploring nowadays. But I tried a light roasted Ethiopian espresso and it really lived up to the hype, IMO. The fruitiness was happening for me. 

About 9 years ago, when I lived in Brooklyn, I’ve had one of those $12 Ethiopian cups of coffee where the beans were eaten by camels or something and shat out before brewing and it was actually really fucking good.

Is that the same Ethiopian kind you’re talking about?

*edit*

Never mind! I was wrong. Not from Ethiopia...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/photo-essays/2017-01-27/world-s-priciest-coffee-is-hand-picked-from-elephant-dung

Edited by J3FF3R00

Nah, and I'm not drinking kopi luwak weasel shit coffee either. The only person who shits/pisses out my coffee is me, dagnabbit

Don't know much about Coffee, but the nicest cup I've had was some Jamaican Blue Mountain, a friend brought some back from a trip there. Was lush.