IGNORED

The Coffee Thread™

Candiru

Starbucks is home, mcdonalds is home. I can sit down, plug in, and have all my favorite beverages and sweets and savory treats.

Also, McDonald’s has the best road coffee in the US, way better than sbux black. But gas station coffee will always be something special. I like to get 3/4 coffee and then a shot of French vanilla latte.

I do think I should switch to tea. I love matcha but can’t afford the good stuff.

The coffee machines at McDonalds never get cleaned, like ever. I'd avoid.

That doesn’t sound very plausible.

The bacteria-ridden screens are way more worrisome.

• 2 weeks later...

a girl ordered an aeropress to my house, i've only used it twice but not impressed so far. it seems like you have to be very particular with these things which i don't like. i dont drink that much good coffee but those stovetop/moka pots are the best! like a delicious proper strong drug cup not just another thing you swig back throughout the day. minimal faff also

a girl ordered an aeropress to my house, i've only used it twice but not impressed so far. it seems like you have to be very particular with these things which i don't like. i dont drink that much good coffee but those stovetop/moka pots are the best! like a delicious proper strong drug cup not just another thing you swig back throughout the day. minimal faff also

16 grams of coffee and 230 ml of water. That should do the trick. But don’t use a bean that’s too dark.

I had some Ethiopian Bombe natural beans with my American Press and it was a berry-spice coffeegasm of the highest order.

Now I’m back on my moka pot with some med-dark Costa Rican beans and it’s also pretty lush. I got the grind fine and with medium heat you see the nice dark foam come out first. That’s how you know you’re in for that dankness.

Coffee is just good, dammit.

Just had a cup of the cold brew coffee I mentioned a few pages back. Feels like my brain is going to eject itself through my cranium, spin wildly to suck in all life on Earth, and tear the fabric of spacetime.

Been on a coffee kick lately. Bought a 3-cup moka pot, Aeropress (with steel mesh filter), electric kettle, and a Zassenhaus wooden manual grinder. I've been putting Sumatran Mandheling beans through them. I mainly brew strong concentrated coffee that I mix with whole milk, but sometimes drink it black too. The aeropress brew is smoother, while the moka makes a very bold flavor somehow. 

I love coffee.

I like my sugar with coffee and cream

I’m certain you keep it going full steam

too sweet to be sour too nice to be mean...  :music:

Edited by yek

• 1 month later...

Cheap coffee is good. Cafe Bustelo in a moka pot tastes gourmet as fuck. But a $20 bag of Ethiopian naturals in the American Press is an eclectic, quixotic delight worthy of kings. Coffee kicks an exorbitant amount of ass. Drink it.

Cheap coffee is good. Cafe Bustelo in a moka pot tastes gourmet as fuck. But a $20 bag of Ethiopian naturals in the American Press is an eclectic, quixotic delight worthy of kings. Coffee kicks an exorbitant amount of ass. Drink it.

the cafe bustelo secret is that its somehow immune to bitterness.  you can use way more grounds than recommended and itll make a cup that is (just about) drinkable but with enough caffeine to kick whatever youre doing up about 5 levels

also they sell it in bricks.. thats some pablo escobar shit.

Edited by Marked x 0ne

• 2 months later...

Sometimes in coffee shops I’ll be looking at beans and there are these ridiculously expensive ones called gesha. It’s some 1%er shit because it can be like $60 for 8oz. Absurdity, mang. Anyone ever tried “gesha” beans?

Made a pot of Don Francisco Hawaiian Hazelnut, because my coffee tastes are utterly pedestrian and this stuff doesn't make me feel totally cracked out.

large_04385574-f6a4-49a4-a980-f04fdee503

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2019 at 7:17 PM, Braintree said:

Made a pot of Don Francisco Hawaiian Hazelnut, because my coffee tastes are utterly pedestrian and this stuff doesn't make me feel totally cracked out.

large_04385574-f6a4-49a4-a980-f04fdee503

Bought this from Amazon from the sheer absurdity of there being such a thing and I'm so happy for it. 

D a n k .

Edited by dumplings
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

So it occurred to me that I'd never tried running a second cup of coffee through the same grinds in a mocha pot, and decided I would give it a shot since I had nothing to lose other than my dignity.  I didn't have high hopes, but since the mocha pot makes a hella strong cup of coffee I thought there might still be something worth salvaging.  But no, just watery swill, undrinkable, dumped after 2 sips.  Anyway, I've tried it now so that you don't have to.  Spread the word.

• Thanks 1
  • Burger 1

^speaking of experimental coffee, has anyone done the butter in coffee thing? remember reading a couple of articles a while back but never tried it out, seemed like a silly hipster fad or something. 

also i'm drinking coffee now so cheers

vintage coffee GIF

On 6/2/2019 at 2:58 PM, Candiru said:

Sometimes in coffee shops I’ll be looking at beans and there are these ridiculously expensive ones called gesha. It’s some 1%er shit because it can be like $60 for 8oz. Absurdity, mang. Anyone ever tried “gesha” beans?

Gash beans you say? :dadjoke:

2 hours ago, auxien said:

^speaking of experimental coffee, has anyone done the butter in coffee thing? remember reading a couple of articles a while back but never tried it out, seemed like a silly hipster fad or something. 

also i'm drinking coffee now so cheers

vintage coffee GIF

@ambergonk used to do that bullet coffee with grassfed butter type thing yeah

• Thanks 1

The butter in coffee thing is just a way to kick start ketosis if you're doing the keto diet. You can also use coconut oil or MCT oil, which is made from coconut oil. I've tried it and it was gross. Not worth it. 

• Burger 1

I vaguely recall trying that butter thing when I was out of cream, and it wasn't gross.  But it wasn't better than cream.  By cream I mean evaporated milk, because that's what I'm into.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

I tried the so-called bulletproof coffee before in a blender, which was basically coffee blended with grass-fed butter (Kerrygold brand), coconut oil (MCT oil wut lol), pinch of salt, and cinnamon. But tbh I think you're better off just stirring the shit in as opposed to using a blender, mainly because it's a potential safety hazard with the pressure buildup from the heat. The entire contraption becomes effectively like a primed bullet, so extreme caution is advised when removing the lid, if you're gonna do it that way.

• Like 1