IGNORED

The Coffee Thread™

Candiru

tarantino-coffee.jpg

giphy.gif

img_1_l.jpg

How do WATMMers like their coffee? What beans strike your fancy? Coffee is an experience, and has many varieties, methods, and theories behind it. Grinds some beans, pour yourself a cup and let's get down to business. 

“It's just like when you've got some coffee that's too black, which means it's too strong. What do you do? You integrate it with cream, you make it weak. But if you pour too much cream in it, you won't even know you ever had coffee. It used to be hot, it becomes cool. It used to be strong, it becomes weak. It used to wake you up, now it puts you to sleep.”

― Malcolm X

I prefer Kenyan beans - and if I can't get that I'll go with an Ethiopian. I have the Baratza Sette 270 grinder and I love it. The majority of the coffee I make I make on my V60. I also have a Siphon Coffee brewer which you can brew the most amazing coffee in, but if you fuck it up you fuck it up for real. So to keep it simple I just stick to my V60.

I also have a Rancilio Silvia but it's not getting as much love as it should. I'm waiting for my AnZa espresso machine to arrive in about two months. I have no idea why I kickstarted this...

anza-concrete-espresso-machine.jpg

was on moca pot for like forever, forgot to empty the last one when I was gone for 6 weeks.. somehow there were a few little holes in the sieve part’s walls when I got back..

so tried something new, which is aeropress and yeh, it’s quite good tbqh.. seems a bit fiddly at first, but u can super nicely control how the coffer will be. H

ad it with me on recent bike trips as well and it was lush having a really deece cup in the morning..

rkeDCyFyGm.jpeg

HyWDCJtkMm.jpeg

still haven’t got a decent grinder or fancy beans because on a tight budget rn but looking forward to

$599 on a coffee machine? Are you fucking kidding me?

Moka pot master race checking in. I didn't even pay for this. My ex fucked up my last one and replaced it.

sSBG2P2.jpg

thisisanicetray.

tbh I tried to do it “precisely right” at first, but have stopped giving a fuk and it turns out it’s fine either way, these people are ridiculous. It’s still slightly more laborious than a moka thing but it also really does tastes better..

i bought this hughish 1.2l frieling stainless steel french press cheap on amazon deals.all stainless, no plastic mumbo-jumbo..

0130-2.jpg

i usually make one pot and let it sit in the kitchen till its empty...which could take up to 3 or 4 days. towards the end it's getting much denser, like a slightly fermented, turkish coffee something..mind u,i ve got a dead sexy 80s gaggia baby(alloy casing) standing around..

had a camel milk late when i was living in Portland OR, rich and creamy but not worth paying $7 for ever again

percy sweet sweet bean > french press a million times over

325045810_325045180_fs_1.jpg

Edited by Lewps

i fuckin love coffee yo

didn't touch the stuff until my mid 20s when I got a restaurant job & started pulling late nights & didn't want to just be slamming bread constantly

i take a lot of cream, i don't care what anyone says. when it's like warm vaguely tan milk with a slight coffee taste, that shit's my jam

i generally use a mocha pot with an expresso grind, 40% cream i buy at a butcher shop (it has chunks in it)

i've tried bulletproof coffee, pretty good but kinda expensive

currently have some stuff called, uh, salt spring i think? it's nice

would like to try deathwish but i don't want to pay them international shipping costs (the stuff they sell that's aged in whiskey barrels sounds nice tho)

flavour wise i think i prefer coffees that taste like chocolate or cooking spices to those that taste fruity. basically anything sharp or bitter to balance out my kapha

also i like good coffee but i fuckin love bad coffee

i have the option to go to my workplace & get free artisan coffee any time i want, and it's literally 90 seconds from my apartment. but generally i choose to walk up the road & pay $2 for garbage burnt coffee at the gas station, into which i pour six packets of creamer

no sugar but sometimes if i have honey i'll put that in

one time i put mayonaise in my coffee & a guy told me that was pretty fucked up, and this was moments after he had told me a story about a time when him & another guy pissed on eachother on a rooftop at dawn

also multiple ppl who know me irl & listen to my music have said they feel like coffee has had a distinct impact on my sound. like there's a marked shift towards more percussion & sparser, drier textures right around the time i started drinking shitloads of it

I generally like it freshly ground, strong and black. I have three-year-old French press but I'm wondering if a moka pot would be a proper upgrade at some point. But lately I have all this Greek coffee as well as these canned coffee drinks from Japan to use up that I got second hand. But I still do the decaf brew in the evening.

My favorite variety of beans are Kona, but a 1 lb bag of it at my local shop is $35. Therefore I buy it only like once a year.

I have the Baratza Sette 270 grinder and I love it. The majority of the coffee I make I make on my V60.

Instead of the Sette, I use the Encore, but this is the same setup I use, and it makes great coffee.  I'm thinking about forking over the $400 to get a Gaggia Classic so I can make my own cappuccinos, but that's unlikely to happen at this time :'(

I enjoy the Kicking Horse coffee selections and putting in a teaspoon of coconut oil in with a teaspoon of grounded up decarboxylized cannabis in with the grounds. If not that, then the Kirkland brand coffee is perfectly fine.

Never drank coffee until I was in my mid-thirties, but now I love it. Only 2 cups a day though. 

I'm to busy pursuing my quest to drink the planets finest beers to care about artisan coffee, but I do drink the top range instant coffee not the cheap stuff. Which I'm sure coffee snobs will snort and turn their nose up at anyway. Oh well. Lol.

Edited by beerwolf

love coffee minus any coffee, mainly with black tea + 1&half sugars

dunno how you folks do it, same with cheese which is just congealed spew

prefer green teas &/or ginger which is lush, or good ol' PG Tips/Tetley, can't really start the day without a brew

$599 on a coffee machine? Are you fucking kidding me?

Nope.

Oh, I also have an Espro, two Chemex, an Arctic Iced Coffee Brewer. I think I’m forgetting something? Oh well.