IGNORED

The Coffee Thread™

Candiru

tbh lately i've been buying the weaker cream because it's substantially cheaper than full fat (like i'm pretty sure i could get a litre of 10% organic for the price i'd pay for a 250 of non-organic 35%), and i go through the stuff at an alarming rate

https://detourcoffee.com/

currently drinking "Gatare" from this guys. Very nice. Very smooth, not harsh at all. Very very faint sweet taste...I wanna say like caramel? It says sugar cane, dried apple & cola on the bag, which sounds gross, but it's really not overpowering at all

There’s nothing like waking up, making some artisan coffee and cranking out some post-balearic swamp jams in over-caffeinated euphoria.

Hopefully that’s still what you do, right Owen ?

Hopefully that’s still what you do, right Owen ?

oh dat shit for life

altho some mornings it'll be that i drink a shitload of coffee, go spend 90 minutes working out, and then make the swamp jams, bcuz i feel like doing some sort of strenuous//repetitive physical activity rly puts me in the right headspace to do very percussive, direct music (which goes well with the caffeine)

i've gotta go get some more cream, from a different dep maybe because i was just at the nearest dep the other night & bought multiple things of creamer, they can't know how fast i'm going through all of this

What’s your workout

i try to do a full body workout every morning. if i've eaten within the last 24 hours I'll go to the gym & do compound weight stuff (varies day to day in terms of what I'll do, how many sets, how many reps etc.). If I've been fasting I'll go do a yoga class (I also try to hit a few evening yoga classes throughout the week to offset tension build-up from the weights). Now that my body fat % is getting pretty low I'd like to start putting more thought into a proper muscle building routine (which may mean eating more than once every 36 hours! we wil si)

currently drinking "Providencia" from http://monogramcoffee.com/ . it's nice, not particularly striking tho. i like the art design of the bag

• 2 weeks later...

ok question: why cold brew? No experience with it and I mean u have to prep overnight or smth right?

Getting very deece iced coffee results withe the aeropress, just making a regular cup & cooling it down in a water bath & adding ice.. tastes better than what they serve in the shops here anyway..

why cold brew...?

lower acidity man. coffee tastes like it smells with cold brew, no harsh aromas

Might try it sometime. Love the taste of coffee but the acidity eviscerates my gut.

Yeah, most coffee here is watery shit and not strong enough.  I worked in an office where they'd make a 12 cup pot of coffee with like 4-6 tablespoons of grounds... WTF?  

Edited by hautlle

Yeah, most coffee here is watery shit and not strong enough.  I worked in an office where they'd make a 12 cup pot of coffee with like 4-6 tablespoons of grounds... WTF?  

covfefe

i've had a 101 fever off and on this week and i think it's going to take me weeks to stomach coffee again. anyone else experience this?

coffee definitely has this quality to it where ~90% of the time I think it's absolutely delicious, then the other 10% of time I'll get a whiff from a distance & be like "oh god i don't think i'm ready, that smells like battery acid".

like it has seemingly nothing to do with the quality of the individual coffee itself. It's like my body holds off experiencing the caffeine comedown until the end of the month, where i'll have a couple of days of just not being able to touch the stuff.

^ personally prefer regular coffee too over cold press usually but it's something different and worth trying. I guess that makes sense as a European. I found out about cold brew through an American friend and I guess it's a trend in the US right now which makes sense. I'm probably over generalizing but I as far as my observataions go Americans usually like milder tasting coffee. Even the hot brew coffee I drank there was much much milder and watery than we would drink it here. I guess that's because Americans rather have the coffee a bit too flavourless than a bit too bitter. But what do I know

It depends on where you’re getting coffee. This trend of walking around with a huge 16oz cup of watery covfefe with tons of sugar and cream is really for non-coffee enthusiasts who got hooked into a lame consumer trend. But real coffee shops abound and I ain’t never goin back.

I’ve been thinking about getting a Hariro V-60, but I tried an Ethiopian pour over from a very respected coffee place and I just thought it was an okay regular cup of black coffee that took more effort than a regular drip machine but wasn’t worth it. The fuckin Clover from Starbucks was noticeably way fuckin better. Moka pots are most satisfactory. Fuck the haters.

Edited by Candiru

tbh lately i've been buying the weaker cream because it's substantially cheaper than full fat (like i'm pretty sure i could get a litre of 10% organic for the price i'd pay for a 250 of non-organic 35%), and i go through the stuff at an alarming rate

With weaker cream you just have to add way more to get the same effect, so the costs will end up being close to the same but with more waste/trips to the store.

^ personally prefer regular coffee too over cold press usually but it's something different and worth trying. I guess that makes sense as a European. I found out about cold brew through an American friend and I guess it's a trend in the US right now which makes sense. I'm probably over generalizing but I as far as my observataions go Americans usually like milder tasting coffee. Even the hot brew coffee I drank there was much much milder and watery than we would drink it here. I guess that's because Americans rather have the coffee a bit too flavourless than a bit too bitter. But what do I know

It depends on where you’re getting coffee. This trend of walking around with a huge 16oz cup of watery covfefe with tons of sugar and cream is really for non-coffee enthusiasts who got hooked into a lame consumer trend. But real coffee shops abound and I ain’t never goin back.

I’ve been thinking about getting a Hariro V-60, but I tried an Ethiopian pour over from a very respected coffee place and I just thought it was an okay regular cup of black coffee that took more effort than a regular drip machine but wasn’t worth it. The fuckin Clover from Starbucks was noticeably way fuckin better. Moka pots are most satisfactory. Fuck the haters.

We get this shit in my office.

Chameleon-best-cold-brew-coffee-Cool-Mom

Woke up a bit hung over this morning so figured I would have a cup of it. It's made my stomach do a few backflips and have been spending most of the day trying not to shit my pants.

We have it on tap, though. Not in bottles.

We get this shit in my office.

Chameleon-best-cold-brew-coffee-Cool-Mom

Woke up a bit hung over this morning so figured I would have a cup of it. It's made my stomach do a few backflips and have been spending most of the day trying not to shit my pants.

We have it on tap, though. Not in bottles.

epic

You ever use a soda machine where the soda syrup doesn't get mixed with the water? I bet that's what happened, but with that cold brew concentrate. Dangerous.