New Rainsleep track appears on Kahvi collective One Synth compilation

noairbag

That's weird, I like it. It's in some weird middle land between muzak, new age, and experimental, but it has tons of character and is much more engaging than I expected from the outset. Not something I'm sure I'd listen to for an entire album, but the track works well in and of itself. It sounds like you had fun writing it, which is usually a good sign :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chelmsfords Least Wanted
      evening all,

?? those who follow me on social media may have caught wind of this already, but I've taken it upon myself to curate a [what is now shaping up to be a massive] tribute album to Leyland Kirby in regards to his Caretaker project - I've already received an upwards of 30 quality submissions in a matter of a week - at this point, I'm thinking I'll cut it off at 72 tracks as a nod to Theoretically pure anterograde amnesia - figured now is the time to open up submissions to watmm artists.

for those interested in contributing -- tracks would need to fall in line with the style of the Caretaker material (i.e. haunted ballroom music, dark ambient drones, noise, subdued sampling of 1920's and 1930's jazz, orchestral, and big band music - original compositions are welcome, as is any "Shining" fanfare (as long as it's not too 'disruptive').   track length should preferably not exceed 10 minutes - no intentional remixes of existing Caretaker tracks, no trap beats (you wouldn't think I'd have to say that, but seeing as how I received 3 already), i'd also suggest steering clear of sampling "Midnight, The Stars, And You" - email submissions (.wav) to [email protected] - general inquiries can be addressed there as well.   the loose deadline for now is August, might possibly release it in October, or at least some time after Stage 3 of Everywhere At The End Of Time has soaked in a bit - this should give everyone ample time to turn in tracks - right now I'm thinking this will be released via a one-off bandcamp page, sold digitally - that's not to say arrangements won't be made with a label, if it's a deemed a worthy venture (physical run, etc).   in the spirit of the subject matter, all digital proceeds will be donated to the Alzheimer's Association, which aims to advance research, and enhance care for those living with Alzheimer's and dementia.   hope to hear from some of you!   regards, Alex / Nmesh  

• By mause
      Breakbeat compilation from MCM, should be up on bandcamp tommorow 
    • By mause
      https://xephem.bandcamp.com/album/compiler-level-2
      Some wonderful tunes from wonderful folks, myself included!
      Enjoy! ?
    • By Joyrex
      Our first compilation, We Are The Music Makers | Volume One came out back in 2004. Since then, I've always wanted to do a Volume 2, following the same formula of having the community contribute tracks, vote on the best tracks by the community, and then have a professional-pressed CD of the release.
      It would be great if we could do a vinyl version as well, but of course that costs money - the way we did it back in 2004 was by getting at least 100 preorders to fund the CD pressing. This was long before things like Kickstarter, GoFundMe, etc. changed the crowdfunding landscape. Now, we could do the same, or maybe go the Kickstarter route like we did with the Caustic Window LP? Have stretch goals for vinyl versions, shirts, etc.?
      I'm 100% open to ideas, suggestions, etc. on getting this off the ground and making Volume Two a reality (and have fun doing it) - so let's hear some of your ideas and suggestions!