IGNORED

spotify sux

mushroom

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree Spotify sux, two reasons:

- the UI demotes the concept of “album”. It wants to give you artists, songs and playlists.. yeh, albums are still there but it doesn’t really feel like it.. it’s not easy/good to browse albums. This is shit.

- you’re restricted to whatever they have. This is even more shit.

I’m on Apple Music, it has its own set of problems but the above two things are ok. There’s albums and you can upload your own stuff to it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Or you could add your local files to your Spotify library. I don't understand why people are so upset that Spotify has playlists, it's not like albums are hard to find?

it's unfriendliness toward album listeners is also something that pisses me off about it quite a lot. when you get to an artist page you see  a massive "shuffle play" button, then popular tracks, similar artists, artist radio and only then a partial list of albums. an artist page should look like RYM page, a chronological list of releases without any other crap.

I usually download most of what I want to listen to, but Spotify isn't that hard to use dude...

it's not that I find it hard to use, I just really hate how ugly and big and slow it is. and tbh, I haven't really taken that much advantage of having so much music at my fingertips so I'm probably just going to go back to listening to my massive library of local files on a simple, sane music application and get an mp3 player for my car (iPhone and iTunes also suck :p)

an artist page should look like RYM page, a chronological list of releases without any other crap.

I agree. Maybe they should make a music snob version of the app to remove the bloat and nonsense.

Or you could add your local files to your Spotify library. I don't understand why people are so upset that Spotify has playlists, it's not like albums are hard to find?

Yeah I have my Spotify gripes but they parallel my gripes of the music industry in general. I utilize Spotify to fit my needs - I listen to albums front to back, follow fellow snobs, ignore all of the payola crap, etc.

I dont know if it's still like this but back in 2011/2012 you were required to have an FB account in order to have a profile picture or even a proper name. As a paying customer, u needed FB to unlock basic features. :cerious:

Also no way to create playlist artwork.

Nobody has a raygun pointed and your skull and will pull the trigger and unleash a death ray that will melt your eyeballs and brain if you don't use it.

But then you'd have nothing to complain about. Oh better carry on using it then.

Nobody has a raygun pointed and your skull and will pull the trigger and unleash a death ray that will melt your eyeballs and brain if you don't use it.

But then you'd have nothing to complain about. Oh better carry on using it then.

fuck off. I can be critical of whatever I want to, including your stupid post, which is bad

Archived